Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

s14 electrical problems

Old 05-21-2010, 05:27 PM
slammed! no faties.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these parts
Default s14 electrical problems

so i get ready to run some errends today, go outside roll down the windows of my 240 to let the heat out. I clean off my windows then get in the car. Turned the car on and everything was normal. rev the motor a little and all the interior power dies, the tach, windows, locks, wipers, tail lights, turn signals, climate controls all have no power. i check the fuses under the hood and they're good. checked under the dash, the 12v is blown.i replaced it then turn the car on again and the wipers move for a split second then stop. checked the fuses under the dash again and the electron batt is blown. i replace it and nothing happened...... thought it might have been the dimmer switch, now my battery is dead. could be alternator grounding out
any ideas?
Old 05-21-2010, 05:56 PM
woot! :D

The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts
Default Re: s14 electrical problems

Sounds like your alternator is fucking shit up. Check the voltage regulator. It might be letting too much electricity through and is fucking shit up. If it keeps fucking your shit up, your shits gonna be fucked.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:05 PM
slammed! no faties.

jdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these partsjdmEK4dr is infamous around these parts
Default Re: s14 electrical problems

haha ok guy? thanks for the help, i needed help, thanks..... for the help, it was helpfull.
thanks