Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rod bearing question

Old 11-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Jump In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
integra-t has disabled reputation
Default Rod bearing question

My car is for sale here on drag...it's a 97 lude with an obvious rod problem....the car knocks badly...I am still paying the loan so selling it has just become another problem. I have searched around the net and found some good rods...bearings ect to replace the old if all else fails. Money is an issue so I can't waste time or cash on worthless effort to fix the motor. So with a spun bearing and the motor still running would it even be worth fixing? Oh and the car is an SH so an everyday h22 will not bolt to my tranny without some work....If anyone is seriously willing to do some work on the car and do a good job please let me know....If I can find someone to do a tranny and motor swap for a decent price I may consider a swap....Pretty much my problem is finding someone to do the work and take it apart to find the problem....so if someone wants to make some extra cash and help me through this straight bullshit situation please let me know...thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw-m has disabled reputation
Default Re: Rod bearing question

Originally Posted by integra-t
My car is for sale here on drag...it's a 97 lude with an obvious rod problem....the car knocks badly...I am still paying the loan so selling it has just become another problem. I have searched around the net and found some good rods...bearings ect to replace the old if all else fails. Money is an issue so I can't waste time or cash on worthless effort to fix the motor. So with a spun bearing and the motor still running would it even be worth fixing? Oh and the car is an SH so an everyday h22 will not bolt to my tranny without some work....If anyone is seriously willing to do some work on the car and do a good job please let me know....If I can find someone to do a tranny and motor swap for a decent price I may consider a swap....Pretty much my problem is finding someone to do the work and take it apart to find the problem....so if someone wants to make some extra cash and help me through this straight bullshit situation please let me know...thanks
pm me ur info