Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Removing Welds

Old 07-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts
Default Removing Welds

Trying to replace the core support in the Rx7 and upon getting it stripped down for removal I now notice I don't know what to do with these stubborn little bastards.

How does one go about breaking the welds to remove it?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:23 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)
Default Re: Removing Welds

grind the little bastards off

drill out the spot welds
Old 07-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts

The problem is, the core support weld point(flap thing) is in the middle of two other pieces of metal. I'm rather befuddled on how they even got welding done in there.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:29 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

hmmm...pics?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

I would, but the more I pull off the worse this looks. Its welded to the frame in so many places, Its not even remotely possible for me to do this myself.

Oh well, off to Nags Head. I'll fuck with it when I get back.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If it's a spot weld, you can go through a few layers at once, that's normal. There's a electrode on either side, and it passes a big current though anything between the electrodes. Instant weld. There are special spot weld drills that work really well for removing those, sometimes they can carefully be split with an air chisel too but you're likely to tear metal that way..