Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rear conversion

Old 08-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rear conversion

question...im buying a new hatch tomorrow....its a 92 cx...i have a 93 si thats all beat to hell....im wanting to convert the rear brakes to the si disc brakes.....easy moderate or difficult? i havent really looked at the setup on the cx so im not entirely sure...i know its possible though since they are both eg hatchs.....is it a weekend project or what? any input is appreciated...thanks
Old 08-18-2007, 10:06 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: Rear conversion

I did my gs-r brake to 5lug brake swap in less than 5 hours. Front to back.

Take the heat sheilds down from the exhaust.
Do the rear first.

Replace the trailing arm bushings while you have it apart.

When putting the toe-arm back on, put it in the middle on the rear.

Have putting the ebrake cables on.

Can I buy your rear drums from the cx?

Invite some of your car friends over and get them to help. It's not hard, just time consuming. Also, PB blaster is your friend.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Registered Member

S14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond repute

yea ill let u know when i do the conversion...probably next week some time...u know anyone with some steelies and some stock suspension....i gotta get rid of my hatch...its in pretty rough shape....but i want to take the metegi's and my suspension off before i get rid of it
Old 08-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Registered Member

oh and it only took u 5 hours because you're like a fucking car nut....how many motors have u had in ur car now? lol
Old 08-18-2007, 10:20 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by S14Civic
yea ill let u know when i do the conversion...probably next week some time...u know anyone with some steelies and some stock suspension....i gotta get rid of my hatch...its in pretty rough shape....but i want to take the metegi's and my suspension off before i get rid of it
Before you send it to the junkyard or whatever, could I get some interior pieces from it? I got money

Originally Posted by S14Civic
oh and it only took u 5 hours because you're like a fucking car nut....how many motors have u had in ur car now? lol
I also had a good friend who dedicated his day to helping me with my car.

You gotta find someone that you can work with, that won't mess up your ways of doing things.

Do I know you personally?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

not personally....i was in the gray wrx the other day when u were driving towards norfolk....and i own the POS primer hatch ...the one ur friend was messing with in the rain going towards taco bell a while back
Old 08-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

and what interior pieces are you looking for...i have a bunch of stuff in my shed.....a lot of the interior from my si is probably going into the cx though...lmk what u need
Old 08-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

bLu92bUbbLe has disabled reputation

rear speaker brackets and panels...
Old 08-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

phathick has disabled reputation

make sure you change the booster, master cylinder and the praportional valve so that the fluid pressure to the brakes is right.