VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Rear conversion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/rear-conversion-200569/)

S14Civic 08-18-2007 09:32 PM

Rear conversion

question...im buying a new hatch tomorrow....its a 92 cx...i have a 93 si thats all beat to hell....im wanting to convert the rear brakes to the si disc brakes.....easy moderate or difficult? i havent really looked at the setup on the cx so im not entirely sure...i know its possible though since they are both eg hatchs.....is it a weekend project or what? any input is appreciated...thanks

Jarrod 08-18-2007 10:06 PM

Re: Rear conversion

I did my gs-r brake to 5lug brake swap in less than 5 hours. Front to back.

Take the heat sheilds down from the exhaust.
Do the rear first.

Replace the trailing arm bushings while you have it apart.

When putting the toe-arm back on, put it in the middle on the rear.

Have putting the ebrake cables on.

Can I buy your rear drums from the cx?

Invite some of your car friends over and get them to help. It's not hard, just time consuming. Also, PB blaster is your friend.

S14Civic 08-18-2007 10:12 PM

yea ill let u know when i do the conversion...probably next week some time...u know anyone with some steelies and some stock suspension....i gotta get rid of my hatch...its in pretty rough shape....but i want to take the metegi's and my suspension off before i get rid of it

S14Civic 08-18-2007 10:12 PM

oh and it only took u 5 hours because you're like a fucking car nut....how many motors have u had in ur car now? lol

Jarrod 08-18-2007 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by S14Civic (Post 3319569)
yea ill let u know when i do the conversion...probably next week some time...u know anyone with some steelies and some stock suspension....i gotta get rid of my hatch...its in pretty rough shape....but i want to take the metegi's and my suspension off before i get rid of it

Before you send it to the junkyard or whatever, could I get some interior pieces from it? I got money :)

Originally Posted by S14Civic (Post 3319571)
oh and it only took u 5 hours because you're like a fucking car nut....how many motors have u had in ur car now? lol

I also had a good friend who dedicated his day to helping me with my car.

You gotta find someone that you can work with, that won't mess up your ways of doing things.

Do I know you personally?

S14Civic 08-18-2007 10:24 PM

not personally....i was in the gray wrx the other day when u were driving towards norfolk....and i own the POS primer hatch ...the one ur friend was messing with in the rain going towards taco bell a while back

S14Civic 08-18-2007 10:25 PM

and what interior pieces are you looking for...i have a bunch of stuff in my shed.....a lot of the interior from my si is probably going into the cx though...lmk what u need

bLu92bUbbLe 08-18-2007 10:58 PM

rear speaker brackets and panels...

phathick 08-22-2007 07:32 AM

make sure you change the booster, master cylinder and the praportional valve so that the fluid pressure to the brakes is right.