Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Radiator

Old 02-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zimzorga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Radiator

my radiator got holes all in it and now i need to replace it. i just bought a used radiator and im not sure what i have to do when i replace it. i know i have 2 hoses and an electric harness. do i have to blee all the collent out after i change it? im hoping all i have to do is unhook the hoses and then rehook the new radiator and just fill it up and im done. please let me know.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Banned

zimzorga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Radiator

help please
Old 02-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: Radiator

drain the coolant. remove the upper/lower radiator hoses. unplug the electric plugs for the fan. unbolt the radiator brackets and remove the radiator. remove the fan from the busted ass radiator and put it on the new one and install it opposite of removal of the old one. fill the car with coolant and squeeze the lower line while filling to burp out air. then i usually turn the car on and let it run for a minute or two and check the coolant level again, and add coolant as necessary.