Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Question about Shocks/Struts

Old 01-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift!
Default Question about Shocks/Struts

I am looking at picking up a set of decent Shocks for my car (2000 Civic Coupe), and am having difficulty deciding which ones to get.

Currently I am looking at:

Dropzone Gen II's and KYB GR-2's.

The Gen II's I can get for $180 shipped, new. And the GR-2's I can get for $210 shipped.

I am hearing alot of mixed reviews about the Gen II's, and with the GR-2 the response tends to be good, but not "wow". I understand for what I am paying I'm not going to see a "OMGWOW", but I want a decent ride.

Anyone have experience with either of these and care to share some thoughts? Know any other shocks for around the same price?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:12 AM
<3 2JZ

LSVTECEG757 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Question about Shocks/Struts

Well gr2's are basically like a replacement of oem. They are good struts, but I would prefer either some agx's or some tociko blues. The blues feels awsome. Or if you have the cash just go full coilovers depending on what your looking for :look, ride comfort,or handling. Can't have all of them.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Question about Shocks/Struts

If you're using the struts with the stock springs, you're not going to get much of a "wow" factor anyway, unless you're just talking about the difference between the new struts and the blown OEM ones. If you want "wow", add some stiffer springs (lower isn't a bad thing either) for better body control, and maybe a set of anti-roll bars.