Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Q for DSM people

Old 01-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Suck it Ho!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OrreeO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Q for DSM people

Ok I got a 97 2g n/t that im about to turbo with the Hahn stage 1 kit. At the same time im having the engine port and polished, bored .20, and the whole bottom end rebuilt with the Howell automotive rebuild kit. Here's the problem. the guy rebuilding the car for me says it should have about 380 to 400hp (crank, not wheels). I need to replace my fuel system with a setup that will be able to high the high horsepower and speeds at full throttle and be able to idle good. I know the portfueler is the best way to go, but with all these other parts its out of my price range for right now. So what setup would you other DSM guys/gals recommend. Im using the hahn fmu and a walbro 255 pump, i need to know either a good alternative to the portfueler system or what size injectors to get. also, i wanna know if i can run just one set of injectors or if i need to run 2 sets. please someone help me out here.

thanx
Old 01-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva
Default Re: Q for DSM people

Although I am the owner of a DSM, I am not knowledgable about them much. I mainly know a lot for rotary-powered cars (Rx-7s/Rx-8s). I do knwo of a site that could be useful for you though. MachV.com is a good site because somewhere on that site I know they have a set-up of suggestions for certain horsepower/stage points with your car. My suggestion is too do a little research under on their site if you can, or call them up. These guys are located in Virginia, so I think they would be the people to answer you.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Suck it Ho!!

Thats a good idea, I didnt think about calling MACHV and asking them about the situation. thanx
Old 01-15-2005, 09:03 PM
TURBO 420A

nastyone is an unknown quantity at this point

so far i am on my fourth fuel management setup for my 420a turbo. if you want to boost stay under 8 psi with the hahn set up until you can buy the port fueler. You could go to 2gnt and pm mr slick about a mega squirt set up the only other way to go. if you want to see my set up let me know.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Suck it Ho!!

8psi sounds kinda weak. isnt that like the limit for a stock moter?? Iv heard no more then 20lbs at max and to try to keep it under 18lbs. but i heard 440cc injectors were enough to hold high hp. is this right???
Old 01-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

You could probably pick up some cheap 560cc evo 8 injectors from the fs forums of www.evolutionm.net if the dsm injectors aren't big enough. They are a quad mist spray pattern also.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Suck it Ho!!

will those even work on the 420a???
Old 01-16-2005, 09:18 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

with the money you are spending...you should've just bought a 4g63t swap and had the ability to make 400whp on the stock motor block...
Old 01-16-2005, 09:27 AM
I aint got it

cyimsofast has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by OrreeO
Ok I got a 97 2g n/t that im about to turbo with the Hahn stage 1 kit. At the same time im having the engine port and polished, bored .20, and the whole bottom end rebuilt with the Howell automotive rebuild kit. Here's the problem. the guy rebuilding the car for me says it should have about 380 to 400hp (crank, not wheels). I need to replace my fuel system with a setup that will be able to high the high horsepower and speeds at full throttle and be able to idle good. I know the portfueler is the best way to go, but with all these other parts its out of my price range for right now. So what setup would you other DSM guys/gals recommend. Im using the hahn fmu and a walbro 255 pump, i need to know either a good alternative to the portfueler system or what size injectors to get. also, i wanna know if i can run just one set of injectors or if i need to run 2 sets. please someone help me out here.

thanx

Maybe Im reading this wrong, but if the guy thats rebuilding your motor is telling you that your gonna have 380-400 hp from a stage 1 Hahn kit, he blowing smoke up your ass. I have a Star stage 2 with a big ass front mount ic, and all the other goodies to maximize it and 380hp is not gonna happen with that setup.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:15 AM
runnin turbo 14psi

sykotik1 is an unknown quantity at this point

go with the 1000cc injectors and 100octane gas

Quick Reply: Q for DSM people