Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Problem with 92 4.v8 town car...

Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Fuck Bitches, Get $$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud of
Default Problem with 92 4.v8 town car...

So i got a 92 town car a lil while back. threw some 20's on it, custom audio, etc. but i ran into a small problem...

i installed a CAI on it...tryin to free up a lil from the 4.6 v8 as it ran kinda sluggish for a v8. after i installed it, the car sat for a couple weeks as my d.d. is my chevy caprice. when i installed it, the was a IAT (intake air temp.) sensor in the stock air box...which accidentally got destroyed. the MAF adapter was put on the new intake and the intake was installed correctly...

now i have a CEL and the car runs extremely rich...causing it to stall out every time i put it in gear. its fine idling, just runs rich...but if i give it gas it will stall and cut off. any ideas?

i replaced the IAT this morning...CEL is still on. possibly an o2 sensor? i dont know what would cause it to stall....would going back to stock air box/intake fix the problem?

any ideas, let me know. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2007, 11:27 AM
PDX
GoDucks.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PDX is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problem with 92 4.v8 town car...

Almost 90% percent of the time it's the MAF sensor. Have you cleaned it lately? They are so sensitive to everything that anytime you change air filters or mess with that tube it fucks it up. Obviously you can unscrew it and pull it out and give it a good cleaning or you can get at it with a cleaner and a straw attached. If all else fails remove the positive cable from your battery for about 5 minutes then put it back on and run it around and see if you have the same problem. Also you can pull codes on that car without a reader!

http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=13

Let me know after all of that!