Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Poor-Man Setup

Old 04-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Busa Cap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tmac85 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poor-Man Setup

Some primer jobs look clean, some dont at all....
Old 04-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tmac85
Some primer jobs look clean, some dont at all....

Some do yeah. I think i might just do body work and re-primer mine. Since it's warmer and the weather will permit it to stick better.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Busa Cap

Yeah just make sure you either use a paint gun, or get some who has a paint gun, it will come out smoother than a spray can...
Old 04-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tmac85
Yeah just make sure you either use a paint gun, or get some who has a paint gun, it will come out smoother than a spray can...
Oh, I've got one . Just when it was cold I was tired of looking at that haggard ass white primer that was on it. So I said forget it and rattle can'd it. I might do Primer Grey till i get a paint job. Iono
Old 04-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Busa Cap

Grey does look good, so does black....
Old 04-03-2006, 05:03 PM
fabricated reality

kawgomoo can only hope to improve

the gsr is a way better bottom end than the ls. not to mention no one ever puts the vtec oil pump on the ls when they do the vtec conversion.. bad juju just waiting to happen there. b16 head has the smallest combustion chambers therefore the highest compression of al lthe honda heads. since a type r is just a b16 with a lil blending and some spiffy valves the regular b16 head is often the way to go.

ive put together some super low budget lsvtec with b16 head, 12 to 1 pistons and made a tick over 180 at the wheels. no tuning, just stock ecu and what not. far from ideal.. but its a raw bitch in a crix.

just remember if you use an sir1 head that the valve springs are at least 10-15 years old and may not take kindly to ridiculous redline.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:06 PM
fabricated reality

kawgomoo can only hope to improve

on the subject of primer.... dont ever rattle can your car. cause if you ever want to paint it you have to sand ALL that lauqer shit off{and there not water proof so the metal will still rust under the primer}. what a nightmare. go to the paint store, get some epoxy primer and spray it on. you can have them tint it whatever color you want, therefore you dont have to rock a baby shit tan car till you get it painted. not to mention satin colors are fucking sick.
for you guys with no compressor the paint store can mix the paint {in this case primer} and put it in a rattle can for you so you can still piss can it, but at least the metal will be protected.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Busa Cap

Originally Posted by kawgomoo
the gsr is a way better bottom end than the ls. not to mention no one ever puts the vtec oil pump on the ls when they do the vtec conversion.. bad juju just waiting to happen there. b16 head has the smallest combustion chambers therefore the highest compression of al lthe honda heads. since a type r is just a b16 with a lil blending and some spiffy valves the regular b16 head is often the way to go.

ive put together some super low budget lsvtec with b16 head, 12 to 1 pistons and made a tick over 180 at the wheels. no tuning, just stock ecu and what not. far from ideal.. but its a raw bitch in a crix.

just remember if you use an sir1 head that the valve springs are at least 10-15 years old and may not take kindly to ridiculous redline.
So what ur saying is an Ls/vtec is the way to go?
Old 04-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

You could also buy a gsr block and get an ls crank/rods/ctr pistons if you want to go n/a so you dont have to run the extra oil line from the block just an idea though
Old 04-03-2006, 07:38 PM
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

tyler, ls turbo is the way to go, listen for once.

Quick Reply: Poor-Man Setup