Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

pistons

Old 06-14-2004, 06:43 AM
takin it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY
Default pistons

question, i'm rebuilding my ls motor, and i was wondering when i got to order pistons, if i could order aftermarket pistons for a itr but put them into my ls??
Old 06-14-2004, 07:13 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pistons

Are you ordering ITR pistons, or aftermarket pistons for an ITR? Either way, you can put them on your LS rods and it will work. I happen to have JDM ITR pistons on LS rods with ARP rod bolts if you are interested. The JDM ITR pistons have slightly higher compression ratio than the USDM ITR's. Let me know...
Old 06-14-2004, 07:24 AM
Function>Form

DA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these parts

it will work
Old 06-14-2004, 12:51 PM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

ok now that i know it will work, what kind/brand should i buy, piston rod combo?
Old 06-14-2004, 12:54 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by slowsilvercivic
what kind/brand should i buy, piston rod combo?
How much money do you have?
Old 06-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

I say stick with a piston made for the LS rod. That will save you the cost of the machine work to have them fitted to the rods. What are your plans for the motor?
Old 06-14-2004, 01:14 PM
takin it all

all motor, as close to 200 hp as i can get, high compression pistons, more power basicly , make it nasty
Old 06-14-2004, 01:15 PM
takin it all

unlimited, not really but i have about $5000 to spend on it
Old 06-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Vtec head or not?
Old 06-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

either jdm itr pistons, or some 11:1 or 11.5:1 forged aftermarket pistons with I or H beam forged or powdered rods. then get you ARP hardware and speed pro bearings and have fun.

Quick Reply: pistons