Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ok heat gets hot when car sits and idles

Old 12-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93hondadelsol has disabled reputation
Default Re: ok heat gets hot when car sits and idles

umm sorry ur a azzhole i dont really know much about it im replacingthings as i go .... i think asshole forum is that way------------------------------------>
Old 12-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

93civicdxgreen has disabled reputation

bleed your coolant system its a air pocket its a 12mm bleeder valve i believe its on the water neck on the head where the upper radiator hose is or on back by the thermostat and it is possible for a thermostat to stick open oh yea and did you mix the antifreeze with half water and half antifreze or did you use the premix
Old 12-06-2010, 06:41 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

make sure your cooling fans are coming on...if they arent they it will overheat.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

First of all, this:

Originally Posted by nftuatn
make sure your cooling fans are coming on...if they arent they it will overheat.
Second of all, what do you mean by "falls to nothing"....?
Old 12-07-2010, 08:18 AM
No Digs

thewhiteknight thewhiteknight thewhiteknight thewhiteknight thewhiteknight thewhiteknight thewhiteknight thewhiteknight thewhiteknight thewhiteknight thewhiteknight

Originally Posted by The Guy
Cool story, bro.

Edit: You seem new. Or at least have no idea how to help us help you. Look this shit up on google or figure it out. You havent even done the simple stuff to begin diagnosing the problem. Get back to us when you do.
I cannot understand why people insist on being pricks on this forum. Dude no one is going to give you rep for being the cool guy asshole, just chill out. Maybe you haven't figured it out yet but new people have to start somewhere. You signed up for this forum knowingly and THEN CHOSE to post in his thread. If you're that irritated about it, ignore it.

End rant
Old 12-07-2010, 08:33 AM
woot! :D

The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by thewhiteknight
I cannot understand why people insist on being pricks on this forum. Dude no one is going to give you rep for being the cool guy asshole, just chill out. Maybe you haven't figured it out yet but new people have to start somewhere. You signed up for this forum knowingly and THEN CHOSE to post in his thread. If you're that irritated about it, ignore it.

End rant
Im not being an asshole. Im not trying to get "cool points." Im simply trying to help the guy out but its hard to do that when he hasn't done any diagnosis. The stuff he is asking us about is very researchable on google.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:48 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Originally Posted by The Guy
Im not being an asshole. Im not trying to get "cool points." Im simply trying to help the guy out but its hard to do that when he hasn't done any diagnosis. The stuff he is asking us about is very researchable on google.
I don't think you were being that harsh. IMO all n00bs need a kick in the right direction. It may hurt at first, but learning to research a certain amount before asking a question is the point that needs to come across. I got into the world of hacking several years ago and asked a question to start out and was rudely kicked into the right direct and told to read for days, only then could I ask a question. That kick made me realize that you always research first. Less than a year later I wrote my own program and became a head-mod on that forum. I may not have ever done any of that without someone making me research on my own.

OP, did you use straight anti-freeze without diluting it first?

I agree with taking the filler cap off and letting it run and topping off as the best way to burp it.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

Probably thermostat stuck open. He says he replaced it. But did you really? Could be a faulty one you got.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

Str8EJ has disabled reputation

^ agree. Thermostat stuck open. I know OP said he replaced it, but that's what the symptoms point to.
Not sure I agree about bleeding, because based on the description, coolant seems to be circulating.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

93civicdxgreen has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 93civicdxgreen
bleed your coolant system its a air pocket its a 12mm bleeder valve i believe its on the water neck on the head where the upper radiator hose is or on back by the thermostat and it is possible for a thermostat to stick open oh yea and did you mix the antifreeze with half water and half antifreze or did you use the premix
did u do any of this yet?

Quick Reply: ok heat gets hot when car sits and idles