Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

oil pan bolt won't come off

Old 02-27-2010, 10:29 AM
RYPE R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
757GRIZZLY 757GRIZZLY 757GRIZZLY 757GRIZZLY 757GRIZZLY 757GRIZZLY 757GRIZZLY 757GRIZZLY 757GRIZZLY 757GRIZZLY 757GRIZZLY
Default Re: oil pan bolt won't come off

your gonna round it off..since your a jackass you might as well save yourself time go ahead and round it off then use vice grips of drill it out and buy a new oil pan bolt next time dont do it your self j.k the breaker bar will work or try heatin it up a little bit with something
Old 02-27-2010, 10:33 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

epic fucking failure, just pay the money for someone else to do it if you cant get the damn drain bolt loose
Old 02-27-2010, 10:38 AM
CRX

CivicRenModelX has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by boredom
epic fucking failure, just pay the money for someone else to do it if you cant get the damn drain bolt loose
Lets see we are trying to help him out so he can be a big boy and change his own oil unlike you.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:00 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

I find it extremely hard to believe your drain plug is this tight.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:10 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

This is gonna sound like I'm acusing you of being retarded but bear with me... you are SURE it's the oil pan drain plug you're trying to remove right?
Old 02-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 757GRIZZLY
your gonna round it off..since your a jackass you might as well save yourself time go ahead and round it off then use vice grips of drill it out and buy a new oil pan bolt next time dont do it your self j.k the breaker bar will work or try heatin it up a little bit with something
That's slightly difficult with a few quarts of oil behind the drain plug to dissipate the heat.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:21 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

which counterclock wise are you turning the bolt? i have never heard of anyone needing a breaker bar for a 1/2" long bolt...stop and get help before you need a new oil pan.

also fucking lol for getting neg rep in this thread

Last edited by boredom; 02-27-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

tby0090 has disabled reputation

and to answer everybody's question on why i think i can't get it unscrewed is cause i used to let my neighbor do it, and i think he used like a special drill or something to unscrew/screw this kind of things...
i would ask him to do it, but i just don't want him anywhere near my car anymore.

i've tried heating the car up for like 10 minutes as well... and i'm 99.9% positive it's the oil drain screw. after the first time it didn't budge, i was like wtf, time to look at the manual, and the manual said it is... lol

i have some wd40, but i read one some forum that it's dangerous to use that stuff on the oil pan.

i can't kick it either, well i can, but the car is on ramps...

this might be a stupid question, but where could i get a breaker bar? will lowes or home depo. have it or i have to go to a special car store? (pep boys/autozone)
Old 02-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

a breaker bar is just a piece of metal pipe that you can slip over the wrench/ratchet to give you some extra torque.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:20 PM
management

can you take a picture of what you are wrenching on before going any further please. the oil drain bolt should be a 17mm (open ended wrench if you have one) and maybe a 1/4-1/2 turn and its loose.

Quick Reply: oil pan bolt won't come off