Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

oil in intake?

Old 08-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these parts
Default oil in intake?

i have a 1998 ford f150 4.6l with about 165k ish miles well i have had new valve covers put on it and thats really the only modifcation. now onto the problem, well it has been burning oil and coolant so i replced the head gasket and valve stem seals and while i went and took the intake off and put it on a work bench i came back to it about a hour later and it literally looked like it pissed itself with oil. what could cause the itake to have so much oil in it?
Old 08-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: oil in intake?

Are you talking about the intake tube before the throttle body, or the intake manifold? It's probably something simple like a valve cover vent pushing oil into the intake or something like that. I don't know the specifics of that engine so I can't say. If that's the case though, you might want to do a compression check to see if there are signs of excessive blowby (pressurizing the crankcase) or something else that would be pressurizing the upper vented areas more than normal.

If it's burning a lot of oil, the intake could be the source. It's also possible that the oil burning could be a piston ring problem and the blowby is pushing oil out of the valve covers.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Registered member

kadafiz has disabled reputation
Default Re: oil in intake?

You Excited?