Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Prob with oil in I/C piping on B16

Old 05-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D16er has disabled reputation
Exclamation Prob with oil in I/C piping on B16

At first it really wasnt a prob. But recently my idle air control valve/solenoid has been either getting clogged or blocked with oil & what looks like carbon from the intake manifold. The IAC valve has since failed and thrown a check engine light. So my question to yall would be What is a good way to minimize the amount of oil in the Intercooler piping and intake minifold? I been told to get an oil catch can like the one seen here. http://www.turbophile.com/technical/diy_catch_can.html but how would i go about hooking that up to my eng, and are there any other options. I am going to be getting new I/c piping soon to replace the banged up piping i have now and i dont want to run into the same prob i have now in the future.

Also does ne1 out there have a 99 SI or compatible throttle body or IAC valve or Vehicle speed sensor or Intake manifold for sale?

I also have a Throttle Position Sensor issue with the same car. o by the way its a 99 SI. But i was wonderin would it be poss to use a TPS from another B series or D series honda. Has ne1 out there done it with this eng, if so what did your TPS come off of. I need help with this 1 ASAP to keep this thing on the road so any help would be appreciated.....thanx
Old 05-27-2005, 07:40 PM

bmwisthekey has disabled reputation
Default Re: Prob with oil in I/C piping on B16

if your oil residue problem is that bad that its making something that suppose to work properly fail, then there something wrong, i wouldnt look into just avoiding it with a catch can, there for the purpose of keeping piping free from oil, clean intercooler, intake mani in order to keep a good flow of air, this oil air film has to be vented( crankcase pressure release) so its either done like stock into an intake pipe,pvc intake mani or a catch can( cleaner way) but its still performing the job, i think that if the oil is that bad in your sistuation i would look into why so much of its becoming evident, how your turbo seals?
Old 05-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation

they are easy to hook up, one line hooks up to the PCV valve dick, and the other hose to the intake there ya go all hooked up
Old 05-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

bump
Old 05-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

bump
Old 05-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

bump
Old 05-29-2005, 10:03 PM
MP5
Team Rad Racing

MP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these parts

no matter what you shouldnt have oil in your intercooler or intercooler piping. If you are getting oil in your intercooler and intercooler piping now you will with the catch can. You are getting oil in those places because your turbo is bad and is pushing oil through the seals. A catch can goes between your PCV valve and your intake manifold. So basically it will keep oil from being dumped back into your intake manifold therefore it wont pass through your throttle body. And if you are having a lot of oil being spit back into your intake manifold then you have a serious blowby problem and your piston rings are shot. Which means you need a rebuild.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:24 PM
jdmhatch92

jdmhatch92 has disabled reputation

[

No Matter what before you install a catch can it sounds like you may have a bigger problem I would address the oil in the intercooler problem. On one of my previous cars when this happened my turbo seal was shot. Is your turbo getting too full boost alittle late? And are you burning oil? And is there alot of smoke coming out of yoyur exhaust? If your looking to make a catchcan they are very simple here is a direct link to a DIY one http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=757695 cost about 30 dollars and a very simple job.

Also if you are looking for tech. advice i would suggest posting in Honda-tech. from what i can see there are alot of assholes in here (why would you call him a dick for asking a ?)!!!! And there is alot more experience on there. But thats just my opp.....

Last edited by jdmhatch92; 05-30-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

thnx 4 help and advice
Old 05-31-2005, 12:54 PM
MP5
Team Rad Racing

MP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these parts

he wasnt calling him a dick, he was stating that you attatch the hose for the catch can to the knob "dick" of the PCV valve