Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

O2 Simulator Mechanical

Old 12-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Dont guess, diagnose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入
Default O2 Simulator Mechanical

Does anyone have a good link to a HOW TO on making a O2 Sim for a Honda Civic. I have found many links in the net and HT but none with pictures.

A wiring diagram would be excellent along with a list of parts needed. I know everything can be purchased at Radio Shack for under $20 or so I have heard.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 連続注入; 12-28-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:49 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: O2 Simulator Mechanical

I don't have any help, but if you find it, post it up.

I have a couple of friends with OBD-2 cars who hate the second o2. I've tried talking them into a conversion, but no go.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:11 AM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband

A cheap O2 sim solution?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by taz757
My brother did that on his Scion TC and it got rid of the check engine light.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by taz757

Did that on my GF's car after headers, works like a charm!

Nothin like spendin $5 and drillin it out to have(in my opinion) a better/more reliable setup than those finnicky/shitty quality o2 sims..
Old 12-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Dont guess, diagnose

THe problem with the No Fouler mod is that I dont have a 2nd Bung. No cat here. The exhaust I have now if from old Civic. I had a 98 LX. So for it to work I had to remove everyting after the header.

It really wasnt a problem because the last owner was a dipshit and had everything but the top peice of the OEM header welded together. Excpet for the muffler.

I would have a bung welded on but I need to have a flex peice wleded on first. I dont have one of those either. Plus I dont know how well a bung is gonna weld to piping that is practically 1mm thick.

Last edited by 連続注入; 12-29-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nd4sped
THe problem with the No Fouler mod is that I dont have a 2nd Bung. No cat here. The exhaust I have now if from old Civic. I had a 98 LX. So for it to work I had to remove everyting after the header.

It really wasnt a problem because the last owner was a dipshit and had everything but the top peice of the OEM header welded together. Excpet for the muffler.

I would have a bung welded on but I need to have a flex peice wleded on first. I dont have one of those either. Plus I dont know how well a bung is gonna weld to piping that is practically 1mm thick.
lol so its all one welded pieced with no flex pipe? sheesh!
Old 12-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Dont guess, diagnose

Originally Posted by GaRn
lol so its all one welded pieced with no flex pipe? sheesh!
The old piping was. I have a DC header and Tanabe SMR currently installed. No flex peice though, which is needed badly. It will reduce the vibration on the muffler which is rattling againts my rear bumper. Extreamly annoying.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Nd4sped
The old piping was. I have a DC header and Tanabe SMR currently installed. No flex peice though, which is needed badly. It will reduce the vibration on the muffler which is rattling againts my rear bumper. Extreamly annoying.
dont know if you already have a test pipe, but you get get a megan test pipe on ebay, many(or atleast mine) have o2 bungs welded in, and its only like $40, plus its resonated!

prolly have to extend the wires then, not sure if you wanna go through all that trouble when you could get an o2 sim for $40 prolly..
Old 12-30-2005, 02:36 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

here:
http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showt...threadid=17011

If not, I'll sell you mine but you have to wait until Feb since I am deployed.