Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Nobody can figure out what's wrong

Old 01-20-2004, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
calgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nobody can figure out what's wrong

Ok here's the story for those that don't know:

I swapped a b16 into my crx. Vtec would kick in and fade out, occasionaly staying through a full gear. At first I thought it was a bad oil pump. But before I go through the trouble I take it to Tuners Edge to get them to check it out. They tell me they tested oil pressure and it was fine. They also tested it with a new solenoid and knock sensor, double checked the wiring and so on. They tell me that they're positive that the ecu is bad, but they don't have any to test it with. So just today I test it with an ecu that I know for a fact is good and still no vtec. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-21-2004, 02:05 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

what do you mean by fade in and out? like you'd be in vtec, lose power, go back into vtec, etc? any problems with your speedo not working? thats just odd...
Old 01-21-2004, 05:42 AM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

Could it be that you just hit vtec, and then while in vtec your engine is trying to flow more air than your intake and exhuast systems can handle and it is getting clogged or running out of breathe?
Old 01-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

calgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond repute

vtec hits, and then fades out I dunno its hard to explain. Im not so sure about the exhaust thing. Oh well, Im gonna drop it off tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If it fades out, it's not the solenoid. Solenoids are easy, either they are on or off (unless you're talking about an IACV, but I digress..) so that's not it. Maybe you have a blocked oil passage or something, like you're losing pressure after being engaged for a short time..
The only other thing I can think of is some other sensor is not working properly, and your ECU is changing something like timing or fuel..
Try a different O2 sensor maybe. Maybe your fuel pump or something can't keep up with demand, like your pump is dying or your filter is clogged. This really sounds like a fluid delivery problem or some sort..
Old 01-21-2004, 06:30 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by Fabrik8
If it fades out, it's not the solenoid. Solenoids are easy, either they are on or off (unless you're talking about an IACV, but I digress..) so that's not it. Maybe you have a blocked oil passage or something, like you're losing pressure after being engaged for a short time..
The only other thing I can think of is some other sensor is not working properly, and your ECU is changing something like timing or fuel..
Try a different O2 sensor maybe. Maybe your fuel pump or something can't keep up with demand, like your pump is dying or your filter is clogged. This really sounds like a fluid delivery problem or some sort..
i must say that i agree with with this assumption
Old 01-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

See, that's why I like you, you agree with me..
Just kidding Mike. I don't really like you.