Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Nissan KA guru help

Old 03-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Fitty Tuckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-
Default Nissan KA guru help

Start driving the s13 I have. Its a ka24e with auto tranny. Using as a daily right now, until I finish my other project I have. Has a slight tick to it when you accelerate. When its in neutral and you give it gas you don't hear the tick. I am thinking its the valves but not sure. Can you adjust the valves on a KA? Could it possible be something in the tranny? Or is it the timing chain chatter that I hear Nissan's have a problem with? Ask questions if you need more details, thanks.

~Justin
Old 03-07-2007, 12:45 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: Nissan KA guru help

I'm pretty sure you'd hear valve tick at idle as well - could be wrong. You'd definitely hear the timing chain at idle. If it doesn't occur in neutral then it sounds like something that is happening with the transmission.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Fitty Tuckin

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
I'm pretty sure you'd hear valve tick at idle as well - could be wrong. You'd definitely hear the timing chain at idle. If it doesn't occur in neutral then it sounds like something that is happening with the transmission.
I will listen to it a little better and see if I can pin point the tick. Researched a little and some said it could be the chain tick, some said it could be the injectors ticking. Doesn't sounds like a rod knock because at higher rpm it goes away. Sounds to me like something is gunked up and getting stuck near lower rpms. I going to go check it out now.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

Usually you will hear the injectors ticking. If is real bad I would start by pin pointing the loudest ticking spot. Check on the front of the engine for timing chain rattle. You might want to do a compression test and a leak down test.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Fitty Tuckin

Originally Posted by ballinnmiami240
Usually you will hear the injectors ticking. If is real bad I would start by pin pointing the loudest ticking spot. Check on the front of the engine for timing chain rattle. You might want to do a compression test and a leak down test.
Driving it home tonight I don't really hear the tick for 20mins of driving. Then I might here a slight one slowly accelerating. I don't here it in high rpm. Being a 90 and 138000miles might be a slight rattle in the auto tranny. I don't think it is anything to worry about. I have another ka24e in the garage in case but I've heard valve ticks and rod knocks and I don't really hear anything like that. The car has been sitting since the summer. Finally got tags on it and am now driving it. Run some cleaners in it and everything should be cool.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Straight Goonin'

WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6

Seafoam that shit whitezilla! lol
Old 03-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

Originally Posted by JBee99
Driving it home tonight I don't really hear the tick for 20mins of driving. Then I might here a slight one slowly accelerating. I don't here it in high rpm. Being a 90 and 138000miles might be a slight rattle in the auto tranny. I don't think it is anything to worry about. I have another ka24e in the garage in case but I've heard valve ticks and rod knocks and I don't really hear anything like that. The car has been sitting since the summer. Finally got tags on it and am now driving it. Run some cleaners in it and everything should be cool.

might just need a nice tune up. oil, filters, inj.........
Old 03-09-2007, 05:56 AM
Fitty Tuckin

I think the sounds are coming from the tranny. When I get a chance I am going to take it to a shop to get the tranny flushed and put new fluids in it. The car is just a daily and when I finally get this other car built and sold the 240 will become the project car and get a new swap. She should last until then