Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

all your SR and 240 guru's

Old 09-26-2008, 10:59 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's
Default all your SR and 240 guru's

Got a question for you guys real quick, i've owned 2 240's with SR motors and i never had a problem with mine when i had them. But my friend has an SR swap in his 240,(he's had it in for like 2years now), and today, right as he was heading to work, he hopped in his car, and it started up just fine. He made it about 100ft. down the street and his car just shut off, he said something about Crank Angle Sensor or something like that,(he didnt sound to sure about it). Anyway, it took him about an hour to get it going again and he made it all the way from Dam Neck and Holland to Newtown road,(right next to his work), and his car shut down again. He asked if i could help him by asking around for him, so here i am....

anyone know anything??

P.S....if anyone knows about whats going on and needs more info. on it to answer just let me know and ill give him a call.....
Old 09-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: all your SR and 240 guru's

Someone probably fucked up the swap wiring, or one of the wires broke. Most swap wiring I've seen is absolute crap so this never surprises me.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:22 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Someone probably fucked up the swap wiring, or one of the wires broke. Most swap wiring I've seen is absolute crap so this never surprises me.
That's what id put my money on. Ive seen very few SR swaps done right wiring wise, fortunately it's very simple and easily checked. Look into that and check back.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:20 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

Originally Posted by Spindrift
That's what id put my money on. Ive seen very few SR swaps done right wiring wise, fortunately it's very simple and easily checked. Look into that and check back.
thanx.....we're gonna be working on it first thing tomorrow

like i said, the only other time its done this is last winter and it only did it one time and we let it sit for 10 mins, came back out and it started up just fine, didnt even touch anything. Could it possibly be a bad MAF sensor??
Old 09-27-2008, 11:21 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

MAF usually gives you a 2500rpm rev limit so I wouldn't think so.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:24 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

Originally Posted by Spindrift
MAF usually gives you a 2500rpm rev limit so I wouldn't think so.
hmmmm....wierd, we're pretty sure the wiring is done fine, he worked at Charles Barker Toyota back when he did the swap about a year and a half/2 years ago, so he had pretty much all the resources to do it correctly. Hopefully we'll be getting to the bottom of this tomorrow, and if not, I'll be posting back on here.....i appreciate the info. fella's
Old 09-28-2008, 05:34 AM
Registered Member

Al_P has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by all4sr's
hmmmm....wierd, we're pretty sure the wiring is done fine, he worked at Charles Barker Toyota back when he did the swap about a year and a half/2 years ago, so he had pretty much all the resources to do it correctly. Hopefully we'll be getting to the bottom of this tomorrow, and if not, I'll be posting back on here.....i appreciate the info. fella's
start doing the wiggle test. fire it up and start yanking on shit till it cust off(if that is the problem).

at the time when it does not fire up make sure fuel pump comes on when he turns ignition key on, it may be that.

Last edited by Al_P; 09-28-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:34 AM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

Originally Posted by Al_P
Elrick wrecked the car this particular sr was in so it may have gotten damaged durring the accident and didnt completely fall off till now. i remember the car was fucked up bad. start doing the wiggle test. fire it up and start yanking on shit till it cust off(if that is the problem).

at the time when it does not fire up make sure fuel pump comes on when he turns ignition key on, it may be that.
i dont think we're talking about the same SR cause my friend ordered his straight from a site in canada
Old 09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Al_P has disabled reputation

oooooo red coupe right? with "spoon" looking 16s? i was thinking of someone else. my advice still remains the same
Old 09-28-2008, 05:14 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

Originally Posted by Al_P
oooooo red coupe right? with "spoon" looking 16s? i was thinking of someone else. my advice still remains the same
hmmm...they're 17's and they kinda look like rota slipstreams, they got EVO on them, theyre real light weight....it might be the same car, but he told me he got it from a website....

thnx for the advice though man

Quick Reply: all your SR and 240 guru's