Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

New turbo issues...

Old 08-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Cruising @ 8000ft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New turbo issues...

I'm working on a 94 Integra LS for my buddy. He is having a really bad problem with oil getting into his exhaust. Like oil dripping out of the exhaust pipe and smoke going everywhere. When he installed the turbo, he didn't wire up an boost or a/f gauge and tried to tune it out.... He fucked his car up and brought it to me to fix. (which i will cause I'm a nice guy) He used the "oil sandwich" type of oil supply line that sandwiches in between the oil filter and the block and robs oil off of the filter. The turbo he put on there is a rebuilt Turbodyne POS. I think that when they rebuilt the turbo they didn't put in a couple seals and it's just dumping oil into his exhaust. The BOV isn't firing either, it just sits there. He has it "hosed up" to his intake manifold and everything. Can anyone help me fix this piece of junk?
Old 08-12-2004, 07:53 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: New turbo issues...

well if he has oil coming out of his exhaust then his turbo is definitely blown up, center cartridge seal must be destroyed and the turbo prolly isnt making very much boost if the bov isnt responding, or its just clogged with oil, cause if the center cartridge seal is leaking, then it can get into either the turbine or compressor side and go into the motor or the exhaust........HATING IT........sometimes im so glad i got rid of my turbo kit, but most of the time i miss it........
Old 08-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Cruising @ 8000ft

hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, i took off the intake manifold today and the intake is so gummed up I'm surprised the car still runs decent. The thought occured to me that perhaps he had blown up his engine because he didn't monitor his boost and didn't upgrade his fuel system at all ... So I put the manifold and a stock header back on it and cranked it up without any exhaust or intake...it ran alright with no oil or anything coming out of the exhaust and that pretty much narrows it down. After kicking him in the teeth for putting this shit on his car, I'm gonna show him how to do it the right way. Jesus....my friends are so stupid sometimes.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:30 AM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

didnt upgrade his fuel...he needs at least a inline fuel pump..he gonna blow that shit
Old 08-13-2004, 06:13 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

fuck it man...let him blow it up. one less civic on the roads....