Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Turbo issues

Old 07-13-2004, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cep94teg has disabled reputation
Default Turbo issues

I just got a B18b from totaljdm for my 94 RS and i want to turbo it but really dont know where to start. I dunno if i should put a gsr head on and then boost it or build the ls for turbo. And i just moved to the beach and i dont really know any good performance shops around here or many people on the board. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:13 PM
subie newbie

CnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud of
Default Re: Turbo issues

neither, ......turbo kit, hondata, stock ls.....good for 13-14 psi all day long. on that setup your looking at a fairly reliable 250-270 whp car. and in an integra thats a 12 on slicks or 13-14 sec quarter on street tires. not bad for the amount of money youll spend on that setup. if you build the motor and run high boost your just gonna start breaking more stuff than your wallet can keep up with. like in my case....i spent over 6000 building my JUST MY MOTOR and it never ends!!
Old 07-13-2004, 05:32 PM
drive hard or walk

Drastic1 is an unknown quantity at this point

well said,not too much craziness on the engine and moderate boost.When building a street/strip car remember: reliable over radical, you still need it to get you to work
Old 07-14-2004, 07:29 AM

Yea there just so many damn kits for the b18 I dont know where to start or which will work best.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1

i have a turbo gsr and i spent alot of money on my motor and its funny until i break something, im in the army but the money only goes so far. like said above run moderate boost and you'll love it less problems, and keep this in mind all the worst things that could happen just may.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Quit your Bitchin...

diggum has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by CnmyTeg
neither, ......turbo kit, hondata, stock ls.....good for 13-14 psi all day long. on that setup your looking at a fairly reliable 250-270 whp car. and in an integra thats a 12 on slicks or 13-14 sec quarter on street tires. not bad for the amount of money youll spend on that setup. if you build the motor and run high boost your just gonna start breaking more stuff than your wallet can keep up with. like in my case....i spent over 6000 building my JUST MY MOTOR and it never ends!!
big fat thumbs up on this
Old 07-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex

pm me I am starting to do custom kits for people. Getting good products at cost and only charging installation. I will make NO money on getting parts for customers!!! If you are serious about this, I can save you lots of money and no bs. All my friends cars and mine put down well over 300+. I have done about 6-7 kits already. You can look at them all.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:17 AM

Pm sent
Old 07-17-2004, 04:04 AM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

just boost the motor, and remember that stuff can still break but it is cheaper to break parts on a stock motor with boost. also wastegate location on the turbo manifold is important (IMO) for boost control. and always get something with fuel management, better to fun a little rich then anything lean. don't trust a FMU when running boost more than 10 psi or more.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:10 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

if you already have the motor on a stand, i'd do everything i could to make sure it won't need to come back out for a little while. whether it's a thicker head gasket or a forged rotating assembly, it's just too easy to work on it while it's out of the car. take advantage of it. my $.02 at least

Quick Reply: Turbo issues