Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need some help from my honda lovers

Old 11-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jakejones91 has disabled reputation
Default Need some help from my honda lovers

ok. I got a swap(Frankinstien) B20 block, CRV, with a B16a3 head. This was a pretty badass car when everything was running right, but after me and my dad removed the AC system(which im pretty sure that has nothing to do with it) and my dad took the air intake off and sprayed manifold cleaner into the manifold it started screwing up. I go to start it idols just under 2500 rpms. thats way to high. I drive and it runs fine, but after it runs for a little bit and im not moving(at idol) rpms goes up and down. Ive already replaced the air control valve and it didnt change it and its not the throttle position sensor either..bad injectors? need some help. thanks. its for sale on vadriven so check it out.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:19 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of
Default Re: Need some help from my honda lovers

im assuming that yall didnt take the precations of covering the bottom hole so as not to spray the cleaner in there...?? because that WOULD definitely screw som things up, but likewise, back when i had mine, it did the same thing...it could be a number of things.....
Old 11-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride

Vacum leak maybe.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:09 AM
madmike

94jdmgsr is on a distinguished road

fast idle valve
Old 11-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Blah!

flat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these partsflat is infamous around these parts

cheack your iac valve i air controll vale probly got messed up by the cleaer not a big al happend to me
Old 11-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

weldmatic has disabled reputation

maybe your map sensor? guessing but I had a bad one and it would idle high as hell.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:19 AM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

FITV...

Very common..
Old 11-28-2008, 08:21 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

There's a white piece in your FITV that screws in, make sure it's screwed in all the way.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

EF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to allEF8SohcMan is a name known to all

sounds like ur fast idle valve got messed up from the manifold cleaner. ur describing the exact symptoms of a fast idle valve faliure. see if ur car has it and if so try that and see wat happens.