Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need serious help ASAP

Old 10-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zimzorga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need serious help ASAP

my clutch fluid level went too far down and now i have to bleed it. it says in my manual to hook up a hose to the front of the transaxle. where is it? my manual dosnt give me any pictures and i have no idea where to connect the rubber hose. please help!!!

95 civic DX
Old 10-25-2004, 02:42 PM
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert
Default Re: need serious help ASAP

there isn't a hose to hook up that's on you're car. Get a hose from auto store that is same size as bleeder and a small cup. The bleeder is located in front of tranny. Look for engine stamp "D15" and look slightly to the left. Put one side of hose over bleeder and put other end in cup. fill cup w/ brake/clutch fluid. open bleader, press clutch repediadly till air is out of line. keep eye on clutch fluid level... personally i don't do it this way. i just get somebody to keep pressing the clutch down for me. have somebody press clutch 5-10 times and hold on last time, open bleeder then close. be sure to cover w/ rag... it will be messy. repeat. keep eye on fluid level. keep going till fluid coming out is steadily coming out. HTH
Old 10-25-2004, 02:48 PM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

nm

Last edited by 00civichatch; 10-25-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:19 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

you really dont need to use the tube/jar of fluid. thats just a pain in the ass. on the slave that pushes the shift fork on the front of the tranny there is a bleeder. get a person in the car and open the bleeder. with it open have them push and hold the clutch pedal to the floor, and then close the bleeder. let them lift the pedal up and open the bleeder, have them push the clutch pedal down, repeat until no air comes out with the fluid. just like bert said. it's simple.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:45 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
you really dont need to use the tube/jar of fluid. thats just a pain in the ass.
but you really should, its insurance to submerge the line in fluid so the line doesnt suck air back up into the clutch line and cause you to have to do this for longer than you should because the line does create a vacuum and will suck back up, youd rather have it sucking up fluid voiding the line of any air......

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
. let them lift the pedal up and open the bleeder,
umm, no, wrong........have them push the pedal down and hold, then open the bleeder for a slight second then close, have them pump a few times and repeat this procedure until you have firm pedal pressure........
Old 10-26-2004, 03:18 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

or get a RFI gun and do it by yourself.

i never use the "line and cup" method. ever. even with a helper. RFI, Mityvac, manual, or pressure bleeding.

you should be able to get a good pedal with just gravity bleeding, actually. crack the bleeder screw, and maintain a good full level in the master cyl. let it run out solid with no bubbles, tighten the bleeder. have someone pump the pedal a few times to build up pressure, have them hold pressure on it, crack the bleeder. do this a few times.

drink beer. you are done.

why was it low on fluid? it dont just go missing....you have either a leaking slave, master, or line.

and if you overtraveled the MC dry, get another one, cause you tore the seal and it wont work anymore.

believe me.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:03 PM
Banned

zimzorga is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the help