Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help d16 y7

Old 11-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondas4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: need help d16 y7

Originally Posted by bluesrt2004
10: Reconnect the fat coolant line, run a new piece of 1/4" from the IACV to the small nipple that comes off the big one. Don't forget the add the retainer clips. Cut the new coolant line coming from the pipe under the mani to proper length and connect it to the other IACV nipple.

11: Lightly oil the rubber injector seats, then with the injectors already in the rail, install the rail with injector connectors facing up. Tighten it down, then connect the fuel supply line and tighten it up (don't forget the washers).

12: Use another length of 1/4" hose to run from your purge cannister to the Purge Solenoid on the rail, then connect the other end of the PCS to the medium sized port under the larger one on the front of the manifold. the upper one is for the PCV 3/8" hose. Now push the PCV down thru the hole by the middle manifold nut, go underneath and connect it to the black box. Back up top, route the PCV hose to fit the port & cut to length.

So....I'd be willing to bet you were really intelligent and connected your pcv valve hose to a coolant nipple... Just an idea? Keep us posted, dear god, keep us posted.
i think tht is wat we did buy mistake and everyone is trying to say we blew a head gasket but the head gasket was fine b4 we started messing with the intake there is one problem we have a y8 manifold n want to put tht on with a y8 tb can we do tht with a y7 ecu
Old 11-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Your killing me, this is from the second paragraph of the link I sent you.

If you plan to keep the Y7 computer, then you need a Y8 auto manifold and throttle body since the IACV (idle air control valve) setup is the same (3 wire). Now if you can't find a Y8 auto manifold and can only get a 5speed, than its a little more difficult. There are a few things you can do. You can either use a Y8 ecu, Swap from a two wire to a three wire IACV by swapping the pins in your stock ECU. Or you can do what I did and make a block off plate for the Y8 IACV and reuse your Y7 TB. If you plan to use the Y8 injectors with the Y7 ecu, you will run pig rich so your best bet is to reuse your Y7 fuel rail and injectors.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

If you plan to keep the Y7 computer, then you need a Y8 auto manifold and throttle body since the IACV (idle air control valve) setup is the same (3 wire). Now if you can't find a Y8 auto manifold and can only get a 5speed, than its a little more difficult. There are a few things you can do. You can either use a Y8 ecu, Swap from a two wire to a three wire IACV by swapping the pins in your stock ECU. Or you can do what I did and make a block off plate for the Y8 IACV and reuse your Y7 TB. If you plan to use the Y8 injectors with the Y7 ecu, you will run pig rich so your best bet is to reuse your Y7 fuel rail and injectors.
im sorry about tht i guess i need to mess with the ecu but the thing is i dnt have an auto manifold
Old 11-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

its worth a try but id rather get the car running back to its full potential
Old 11-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms

I can't follow this post after the first few comments. Not enough punctuation for me to read. (Not bashing.)

I HAZ HEDAKE.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:28 AM
Registered member

emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1

Originally Posted by hondas4life
the reason i asked because the guy at advance was telling us we could have screwed up the compression cause of the intake manifold being off of a y8 n we didnt change out the ecu the car has a stock ecu n it tht didnt make sense either
lol
Old 11-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

yea screw the advance know it alls..they said because it was a y8 vtec manifold i had to update the ecu and told me because of i had bad compression and blew the head gasket

but the problems were the hoses were hooked up wrong
vacuum to the water
fuel to coolant
which made coolant run thru my oil and made a nasty milky color..now if i had ran it as is i would of blown a head gasket or spun a bearing
i appreciate all the help
Old 11-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by hondas4life
yea screw the advance know it alls..they said because it was a y8 vtec manifold i had to update the ecu and told me because of i had bad compression and blew the head gasket

but the problems were the hoses were hooked up wrong
vacuum to the water
fuel to coolant
which made coolant run thru my oil and made a nasty milky color..now if i had ran it as is i would of blown a head gasket or spun a bearing
i appreciate all the help
I'd seriously think about not working on cars anymore until you can stop making mistakes like that. You're lucky you still have a functioning engine.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I'd seriously think about not working on cars anymore until you can stop making mistakes like that. You're lucky you still have a functioning engine.
im still going to work on cars all people make mistakes plus we didnt have the car running long enough to screw up the engine i changed the oil n the car runs fine now i really appriciate all the help tht everyone has given me