Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help!

Old 04-21-2004, 10:42 AM
the"V8nightmare"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blkmjk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help!

swaping an ls in a 94 hatch cant get mounts to line up . do i need hasport mounts? i heard that i dont? any help would be nice .thank you ps this isnt drew. its brandon.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:01 PM
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert
Default Re: need help!

couple questions:
what mounts are you using?
which rear bracket are you using?
what year motor are you installing?
what kind of tranny? (hydro cable)
Old 04-22-2004, 07:30 AM
the"V8nightmare"

blkmjk is an unknown quantity at this point

stock,integra,93, s1 cable. ??? found out yester day that we need hasport mounts to get it to work .
Old 04-22-2004, 08:19 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by blkmjk
stock,integra,93, s1 cable. ??? found out yester day that we need hasport mounts to get it to work .
the transmission is wrong as well. the 94 hatch has a hydraulic clutch setup. you can get adapters to make this work though....but why would you?
Old 04-22-2004, 09:54 AM
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert

yes you do need hasport kit....especially for the cable tranny... you can get around this by cutting and rewelding but i highly advise you not to do this...so just don't go that direction..

93 engine difference: the hasport kit has a different driver side mount that will bolt up to the 90-93 driver side engine bracket. This bracket is 3 14mm bolts w/ one of the bolts underneath the timing belt cover...if you do not get the complete kit you will need to change this bracket to 94+ teg. i'm pretty sure that you can't even buy a partial kit so i wouldn't even worry about this..

rear bracket: there are 2 kinds of rear brackets to get... "T" and "L".... the "T" is what you need this bracket is the one for the 94+ teg...contact hasport to be definate to see which rear bracket but i'm pretty sure that this is the one you need... "L"'s are from the 90-93 tegs..

other notes: make sure you get the right axles. intermediate shaft needs to be 90-93 teg as well as the axles. you can use a 94+ axles intermediate shaft and axles but you must change out the transmission seal or your tranny will leak...the seals themselves are easy to change out but i wouldn't even bother with this and just get the right axles...
HTH