Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ITR Intake Manifold

Old 04-18-2004, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Si Punk has disabled reputation
Default ITR Intake Manifold on a b16

I have a question, I bought an ITR intake manifold for my b16a2 and installed it a while ago and something was wrong and it would rev up to 6k and back down and back to 6k without the throttle body opening. I thought it might be a vaccum leak but couldn't find one so I'm thinking it may be a sensor on the throttle body. I was just wondering if anyone knew what was wrong and could suggest a fix. Thanks.

Last edited by Si Punk; 04-18-2004 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:10 PM

Default Re: ITR Intake Manifold on a b16

bump
Old 04-20-2004, 03:22 PM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITR Intake Manifold

Is the IAC motor plugged in? is is clogged up?
Old 04-20-2004, 03:38 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

clean the IAC valve..or plug it in...should be fine after that
Old 04-20-2004, 05:40 PM
NO MA'AM

deeseetoo has disabled reputation

sounds like a big ass leak somewhere, i say replace all the gaskets/scrape off all the old gaskets. Then adjust the IAS on the TB
Old 04-22-2004, 10:20 AM

I believe it is an air leak as well, but I think it has something to do with the vaccuum outlet that is on the top of my stock b16 intake manifold and not on the type r. I was thinking about doing some sort of t-connector to one of the other vaccume hoses. We tried it last time but with a piece of plastic from a fuel regulator that we got from a local store and that still didn't fix it. It could have been just too cheap and was leaking air...not sure though. Any suggestions?