Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

My POS civic

Old 08-05-2004, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not_Blazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My POS civic

The other night I was driving home, my oil light would turn on and then blink and then turned off... and continue later. I checked the oil, it was fine, all the other fluid levels looked fine. I drove it yesterday to pay a couple bills. First was Sears. On the way there, after exiting 264, it stalled on me when I slowed down and I thought it was just me. Then it happened 3 more times between Circuit City and Sears, whenever I slowed down the oil light would come on then the battery light would come on, and it would die on me. So I called a couple people, one of them said to take it to Autozone on Holland and ask them to check the Battery/alternator. So I did that, the battery was fine, and the reading on the alternator would bounce around a bit. They said it might be just messed up connection/ or some corrosion... So I drive home, stalled few times till I got to the highway. On the highway everything was fine, when I got off, it stalled like 8 times. And the engine was starting to sound nasty, like a "CLACK CLACK CLACK.." Anyways, I left it parked in a nearby neighborhood, and walked home. Anyone know what it might be. I've heard Alternator connection, IAC or TPS sensor, oil pump(?), and off course... "Your engine's fucked, get a swap". What do ya'll think?
Old 08-05-2004, 11:19 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: My POS civic

um.. the pump.

take your valve cover off and see if theres any oil being pushed through
Old 08-05-2004, 02:09 PM

tatmonster has disabled reputation

yeah, the oil pump took a poop. get a swap
Old 08-05-2004, 03:00 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

yeah you pretty much raped your motor with that one.