Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94' Teg auto lock up?

Old 08-04-2004, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abex has disabled reputation
Default 94' Teg auto lock up?

I ve got a 94 Acura integra automatic and recently the shiftlock has been stuck. after i got it back from a paint shop the autoshifter locked up and wont go into drive. to drive the car youve got to stick the key into the keylock next to the shifter then put it in neutrl before starting the car, pressing the brakes dont work. at the same time I notice that the brake lights arent working, they dont light up when applying pressure to the brake those are the onlything that i noticed but does anyone have any Idea whats causing this. It happened to me once a while ago but I was told it was a fuse or something in the dash, i know its not a fuse in the bay or under the left dash cause I already checked. last time it took the guy like an hour to fix it, must be simple. can anyone help me?
Old 08-05-2004, 03:10 PM

Default Re: 94' Teg auto lock up?

ttt please, anyone got any ideas? I'm stumped!
Old 08-05-2004, 03:17 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

check at your brake light switch, its on the frame in front of the brake pedal.

unplug it, and check with a test light or voltmeter. you should have 12v on one of the terminals. if you have 12v on one of the terminals, take a paperclip and jumper it over to the other one. you should then have brake lights...if all is well.

if that checks out ok, you will need to look at the switch, if i recall it is threaded into the bracket. when the brake pedal is depressed, the switch will close (the brake pedal will let the switch release.)

however, if you dont have power on one side, then you have either a blown fuse or an open circuit to it.

hope this helps.

(the lockout solenoid is operated off of the brake switch, btw...)
Old 08-05-2004, 04:21 PM

thanks a lot for yor help, will try it out!