Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

my ecu

Old 08-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADHD kid has disabled reputation
Default my ecu

my ecu was chipped and whatever was done is causing me to run rich. i talk to the shop i take my car to and he said it would be like 400 to reprogram it and put it on chrome and that should free up alot of power im missing. but my question is if i jus put a virgin ecu in i should run normal if not better right? and when i have to money i can just get it put on chrome and all that mess right?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Is Left Hand Shiftin

LD-rhdEG6 will become famous soon enoughLD-rhdEG6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: my ecu

whats done to the motor? if its mostly stock then a stock ecu should be fine.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

What car do you have? is it chipped on crome already? I can write you another basemap for like 10 bucks. I also have a few virgin ecu's that I am not looking to get a fortune for either. Let me know what's up, I'm down to help out.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

There is nothing wrong with the ECU, so the cheapest thing to do (instead of buying another ECU) would be to get someone to burn a stock chip for you, which will make it a stock ECU.. If you have much in the way of mods though, a stock ECU isn't the greatest idea.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by I spy Psi, no?
What car do you have? is it chipped on crome already? I can write you another basemap for like 10 bucks. I also have a few virgin ecu's that I am not looking to get a fortune for either. Let me know what's up, I'm down to help out.
thats word dude i was thinking of a type R basemap. and naw its not on crom that i know of its chipped by phearable.net which i was told is crap but when ever vtec kicks in i blow out black smoke and da guy i had look at it said its running rich due to the ecu chip. right now its a p28 chipped can you put the type R basemap on a virigin p28 for me and let me know how much that would be. another guy at the shop i take my car to says he can hook me up for a good price for a tunned ecu i jus gotta let him know
Old 08-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
There is nothing wrong with the ECU, so the cheapest thing to do (instead of buying another ECU) would be to get someone to burn a stock chip for you, which will make it a stock ECU.. If you have much in the way of mods though, a stock ECU isn't the greatest idea.
well all i have is bolt ons no inside work.skunk2 intake manifold,itr header, v2 intake,2 1/2 exhaust i was just thinking of a type R basemap
Old 08-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by ADHD kid
thats word dude i was thinking of a type R basemap. and naw its not on crom that i know of its chipped by phearable.net which i was told is crap but when ever vtec kicks in i blow out black smoke and da guy i had look at it said its running rich due to the ecu chip. right now its a p28 chipped can you put the type R basemap on a virigin p28 for me and let me know how much that would be. another guy at the shop i take my car to says he can hook me up for a good price for a tunned ecu i jus gotta let him know
If someone hasn't tuned your actual car on a dyno or whatever, it isn't tuned. Putting some chip that was tuned for someone else's car is a crapshoot, and you never know how well or how badly it will work. You need to get tuned based on the mods that you have, not the mods that someone else has.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Racetracks

Originally Posted by ADHD kid
well all i have is bolt ons no inside work.skunk2 intake manifold,itr header, v2 intake,2 1/2 exhaust i was just thinking of a type R basemap
There is no type-R basemap, there never was an OBD1 ITR so there isn't a basemap for it. The only basemap that you could possiblt get is a map for someone else's ITR that has been tuned with a OBD1 ECU in it (and then you're at the mercy of someone's tuning skill) or it's possible that someone took OBD2 basemaps (I don't know how though) and transposed them into the OBD1 code. Anyway, whatever you get is not really a ITR basemap, that's my point.
Because of your limited mods, I would recommend a stock JDM B16 (P30) program (with the knock sensor disabled obviously) which will be great, and you can get some minor other stuff tweaked while you're at it, like the VTEC engagement point. Otherwise, the better way to go is to actually get YOUR CAR tuned.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

I can write you a new chip. Where do you reside? I have an extra 28 pin, and we will just keep yours just in case.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

im thinkin about getting this ecu off line and here are some opions i have what should i ask for
Hondata, Uberdata, Crome, Neptune compatible!
Choose from J's Racing, Spoon Sports, JUN racing, custom basemap programs.

9000 RPM redline - Or you may choose your own upon request for free.
Removed speed-limiter
Disable knock sensor
Removed minimum 20mph speed VTEC limiter

5300 RPM VTEC engagement - Or you may choose your own upon request for free.

Optimized Fuel tables for the VTEC low cam & high cam.
Advanced ignition timing on the VTEC low cam & high cam

Quick Reply: my ecu