Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

my door dropped a little

Old 09-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my door dropped a little

Hey, I have a 88 honda crx and my door has droped a bit on both sides I believe, what could be the problem here? Should I replace both hindges, just tighten them or what should I try?
-Aaron-
Old 09-15-2003, 04:15 PM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

i would tighten them first and see what happens
Old 09-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

The first, but not easiet, fix is to loosen up the hinges and adjust them so the door fits right. Now, some hinges/doors are unadjustable. In that case, it brings me to solution number two. That is opening the door a little, putting a car jack under the rearward most edge of the door, and pushing the door back up that way. I work in a body shop and we do it either one of those two ways.