Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Is my alternator bad?

Old 09-18-2004, 06:50 PM
TRBO-ESI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iatotofts has disabled reputation
Default Is my alternator bad?

Did a rebuild of my engine, putting things back together and go to start my car, and it's only running off my battery, as far as I know everythign is hooked up to the alternator, but it still won't send power to anything.. It was giving me a little trouble before my car was rebuilt... I'm wondering.. it says in my book that there are different amperage alternators depending on ur transmission and if it's turbocharged, I have a manual transmission that I turbo'd I can't imagine it blowing up my alternator but again I don't know how old the alternator is..
any thoughts???
Anything will do!
Old 09-18-2004, 09:02 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E
Default Re: Is my alternator bad?

Check your grounds. Also, change your signature, those priceless things are getting old now, and yours is the epitome of "cheesy."
Old 09-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is my alternator bad?

You can have your alternator tested on or off the car, if it tests bad on the car, test it off the car to isolate wether it is a bad alternator or a wiring issue.