Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

My 240 Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 05:40 AM
±RepLegion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20
Default My 240 Thread

Over the next few days or weeks, however it progresses, I will be posting my questions and looking for suggestions here. I will also be posting anything I find searching that may be useful for others.

9/12/06-

#1 -

Didn't see any plugs lying around anywhere, can't think of what would go there other than something like a thermo, ideas?

#2 - Car has issues keeping a good idle, I don't see any uncapped vacuum lines. Should I try and adjust the idle?

#3 - Car has a clicking sound when I turn, and I can feel it in the wheel. Anyone think it's the balljoints? I plan on replacing a lot of the suspension up front anyways, new tie rod ends, etc.

Last edited by 92_SR20; 09-12-2006 at 05:53 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:01 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell
Default Re: My 240 Thread

#1: I think that is for a coolant temp sensor. My car doesn't have that any where though. If you want to you can pm me and we could meet up so you could look at my motor so see what all is different on yours.

#2: I have the same problem once in a while. My car tends to drop idle a little after I down shift to slow down. My problem is the mas.

#3: Yes ball joints. it could also be those damn wheels! You should really get rid of them before they destroy your car. I will take them off your hands and give you some steelies. It will take some time to fix them but i think I can do it.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:04 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

1. looks like someone had an aftermarket temp gauge that plugged into that sensor. its defn. not the stock one.

2. looks like the 'stock' EGR/charcol canister system is still hooked up. nix that shit. plug and get rid of any unnecessary vacuum lines. could be leaky stock BOV. could be after MAF leak. dirty IACV. incorrect idle adjustment.

3. could be a anything; worn tie rods, coilover springs twisting in perch, worn steering rack bushings..ect. my first guess would be bad TC rod bushings.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:19 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

#1 was the temperature gauge sensor. it was plugged in when i last had it.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:26 AM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20

Originally Posted by Carter
#1 was the temperature gauge sensor. it was plugged in when i last had it.
Slipped my mind, forgot about it. Removed the temp gauge and added a boost gauge. Sorry and thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 08:57 AM
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

eeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by drifterJERRY
1. looks like someone had an aftermarket temp gauge that plugged into that sensor. its defn. not the stock one.

2. looks like the 'stock' EGR/charcol canister system is still hooked up. nix that shit. plug and get rid of any unnecessary vacuum lines. could be leaky stock BOV. could be after MAF leak. dirty IACV. incorrect idle adjustment.

3. could be a anything; worn tie rods, coilover springs twisting in perch, worn steering rack bushings..ect. my first guess would be bad TC rod bushings.
great post! what he said ^^

1. Does your stock temp gauge on your dash work? If so, I'd get a cheap upper rad hose from NAPA (or whatever) and sell that SAMACO hose. Or just leave it...I'm just not a fan of the blue

2. Do you have a boost gauge? How's your vacuum?

3. Here is a picture of tc rods:

make sure your bushing isn't cracked and leaking. It may be a good idea to replace these anyway. Also, is it possible your wheel is hitting your strut? I've had this happen with wheel weights mounted on the inner rim hittin my strut. It only "knocked" when I turned the wheel to lock.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:38 AM
Registered Member

Rickysd is an unknown quantity at this point

how about wheel bearings or hub assembly?