Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

mounts for B20/vtec in AUTO EK sedan

Old 10-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
radiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default mounts for B20/vtec in AUTO EK sedan

ok does anyone know if u need a special automatic to 5 speed conversion mount for ek civics like you do for eg's because i cant find one on hasports site at all

also instead of buying a aftermarket kit somone with a B swap in a ek will u please tell me what mount i would need to use from a SI .from what ive read i use the driver side mount with a 2 post block mount from a SI and i use the SI rear L bracket , now my only question is since my ek is a automatic and i cant find a conversion mount online what mount do i use to put a manual B series tranny in the car . if anyone knows the answer or has a link to where i can buy the EK auto to 5 spd conversion mount id apreciate it thanks alot ill tke any info or links to write ups anyone wants to provide agains thanks alot and please keep it on topic this time

Last edited by radiaki11; 10-23-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:47 AM
HF rex in the w0rkz

zErrixGTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mounts for B20/vtec in AUTO EK sedan

That I would believe... OEM mounts wouldn't be such a good idea for a B20 :\

my personal opinion, i'd rather spend the extra $50 - $100 on some reliable, good source mounts, than just trying to "get the job done".

I'd honestly get some poly mounts, b20 produces a bit more torque for some OEM mounts :\ that rubber is just going to crack & rip apart fairly quickly :\

but then again, i'm a mazda head, new to the honda world (lol) but that would be my assumption.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:06 AM
Registered Member

radiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond repute

sold

Last edited by radiaki11; 10-22-2008 at 06:36 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:11 AM
HF rex in the w0rkz

oh word - yeah didn't realize OEM mounts were capable of withholding that much power

my buddy had an RSX Type-S turbo charged pushin @ about 350 to the wheels, and his stock mounts went to shit about 25k miles later :\ (not even??)

sooooo yeah lol - just a thought though, thanks for the info!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:36 AM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zErrixGTR
oh word - yeah didn't realize OEM mounts were capable of withholding that much power

my buddy had an RSX Type-S turbo charged pushin @ about 350 to the wheels, and his stock mounts went to shit about 25k miles later :\ (not even??)

sooooo yeah lol - just a thought though, thanks for the info!
They do fine for street use/no traction.
At least if Honda-Tech is to be believed. Mild little LS motor stock will tear them up on slicks, as the cheap material they are made of tends to sheer when the motor suddenly slams it due to a 5K RPM launch with traction...... But that's only if all the people on Honda-Tech know what they're talking about...... Even filling them doesn't necessarily "stop" that from happening, especially as the power levels increase, so.....

You basically have 3 good options.
Innovative
Avid
HaSport
Old 10-22-2008, 04:40 AM
HF rex in the w0rkz

Thats basically what i was getting to, but i'm not gonna stop him in his own decisions.

The more power - requires better mounts, but if he says he's runnin 475 to the wheels on OEM mounts, then i guess he's gonna stick with OEM mounts :\

all i know is, bad mounts lead to LOTS of other problems - fast - at least thats how it goes with mazdas, and v6's are way more torquey than an I4 (stock for stock anyways - SOME - not all - so don't bash me lol)
Old 10-22-2008, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

stay on subject please

Last edited by radiaki11; 10-23-2008 at 01:16 AM.