Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Motor swap opinions

Old 09-30-2004, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ninjadeath ninjadeath ninjadeath ninjadeath ninjadeath ninjadeath ninjadeath ninjadeath
Question Motor swap opinions

Hi, I'm new to the forums and just wanted people's opinions on swapping an RSX-S or CTR motor into an '02 SI and then swapping the motor from the civic into a '94 del sol. Also, any shops in the 757 with experience in K series swaps? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Motor swap opinions

why would you go that direction when you could piece together a turbo kit for less and be much quicker...
Old 09-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

You can swap the head from the Si in favor for the piece from the TypeS. That is basically the only difference besides the difference in compression. Most people are seeing about a 30 whp jump from the head alone.

By the way, the cost will be much less than a turbo kit and in my opinion a much better option.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:01 PM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

unless you are just going for JDM CTR thing with your EP3 and thats why you want the K20a2.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Campachino
You can swap the head from the Si in favor for the piece from the TypeS. That is basically the only difference besides the difference in compression. Most people are seeing about a 30 whp jump from the head alone.

By the way, the cost will be much less than a turbo kit and in my opinion a much better option.
your sig sucks, fucker

j/p
Old 09-30-2004, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

ninjadeath ninjadeath ninjadeath ninjadeath ninjadeath ninjadeath ninjadeath ninjadeath

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know these fine points about the K series or any Honda motors really. I didn't know that just swapping the head would reap most of the benefits of the K20a2 either. That's really impressive. What I want from the RSX-S drivetrain is the higher horsepower and torque output, higher redline, and 6 speed transmission. Would I need more than just the head (ecu, etc.) and would that have an affect on the redline?

The main point is for both cars to get new engines at the cost of one.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:07 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

As far as I know you should be able to use the Type S Ecu or just get it reflashed by Hondata. I am also pretty positive that you can swap over to the 6 speed with no problems. I personally have never worked with the K series equipped Hondas so you may want to speak with someone a little more qualified on the subject.