Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ls build with 50 shot of nitrous help

Old 11-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jakethesnake110 has disabled reputation
Default ls build with 50 shot of nitrous help

so im building a ls with stock bottom end except for b16 pistons, then im building the head slighly as in ported, polished and shaved, then skunk 2 springs and retainers perhaps, i know everyone says ' why dont you just got vtec" well heres the answer, i got a ls head laying around and friends that machine for cheap. now after build it i plan to spray a 50 or 75 dry shot to it just for fun. i want to know what all i need to do to make my stock ls run best on nos? besides ecu tune bc im already gonna do that. wat exhaust would run best with nos? and shit like that? help me out if you can. im very new to nos.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil
Default Re: ls build with 50 shot of nitrous help

Originally Posted by jakethesnake110
so im building a ls with stock bottom end except for b16 pistons, then im building the head slighly as in ported, polished and shaved, then skunk 2 springs and retainers perhaps, i know everyone says ' why dont you just got vtec" well heres the answer, i got a ls head laying around and friends that machine for cheap. now after build it i plan to spray a 50 or 75 dry shot to it just for fun. i want to know what all i need to do to make my stock ls run best on nos? besides ecu tune bc im already gonna do that. wat exhaust would run best with nos? and shit like that? help me out if you can. im very new to nos.
I feel this is a necessary quoting situation....

IB4NNNNAAAWWWSSSSS.......
Old 11-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Registered member

Any suggestions? wheres all the sprayers of the ls? help me out
Old 11-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You should have no problem with only 50HP above stock for short periods. For exhaust, etc., NOS doesn't do anything different than anything else that makes the same amount of power, so any exhaust that will perform well with +50HP above the stock power will work.

Why are you worried about springs and retainers if you aren't planning on running more aggressive cams and higher RPM? This seems like a lot of effort and money to dump into an LS head just because you happen to have one lying around...

You should concentrate on getting a NOS controller that can add fuel somehow while you're spraying, because otherwise there isn't any way to add fuel with a stock ECU unless whatever tuning program you're using can modify the ECU code to add an input for the N20 system and add fuel during that input event. The stock ECU program doesn't have any way of knowing when you're adding N20 to the intake airstream, so your fuel mass will be wrong. So you'd either need some added functionality on the stock ECU, or a piggyback controller that can intercept the injector pulse from the ECU and add pulsewidth, or an extra set of injectors with another controller, etc. There are a lot of options out there, you just need to make sure you address that part of it instead of just spraying N20 into the intake and assuming everything will sort itself out.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-05-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Registered member

Thanx man so a 50 or 75 shot wil be just fine and reliable? and im putin bigger cams. and ima run a lil higher rpms. so wat do u think.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The stock bottom end should be plenty strong for a 75 shot, because that's only 140+75=215HP plus whatever other power you add (from other mods). People make considerably more power than that on a stock LS bottom end with a turbo.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Registered member

Sweet thank u bro. i appreciate that.