Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Lowering cavalier

Old 03-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gryph has disabled reputation
Post Lowering cavalier

I wanna lower my cavalier, its a 4 door year 02. I was wondering if people had any tips on what i should get to lower it?? Ive already looked into lowering springs but i think i would like to go lower. I kno it will probably ride like crap i dont care. I just want some advice on products and prices. Thanks rele appreciate it!!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:13 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: Lowering cavalier

only other option are coilovers...or a fs thread.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:10 PM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

Originally Posted by Gryph
I wanna lower my cavalier, its a 4 door year 02. I was wondering if people had any tips on what i should get to lower it?? Ive already looked into lowering springs but i think i would like to go lower. I kno it will probably ride like crap i dont care. I just want some advice on products and prices. Thanks rele appreciate it!!
Personally I wouldn't even waste my money on a Cavalier, but if that's what you want then go for it. Lowering springs don't lower any car that much, but it is a decently smooth ride, because you still aren't that low at all, barely lower then stock height. If you go with a good suspension setup it will ride just fine, and you will not have to worry about blowing your stock struts eventually. If you're going to lower your car at all, or do any mods at least do it the right way. I don't know much about Cavaliers, but do some research on your own, Google is your best friend. If possible, I'd go with a Koni Yellow/Ground control setup. That's what I've always rode on and they felt great and I was slammed breaking oil pans, and it still rode like a charm. With a good suspension setup you can always adjust your suspension to the ride height you want, and how soft/stiff you want it to be. Just do some research man, it's not hard.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Registered Member

Gryph has disabled reputation

Awesome thanks, haha yea my ole cavy i want another car but can afford it so might as well mod this one. I did do alot of research on google but im pretty much a noob at it so i didnt kno what was best. So thanks for the advice ill look into.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Dj S. has disabled reputation

Check http://www.j-body.org/, this site is devoted to Cavy's, and you can learn a lot.