Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Cavalier turbo?

Old 01-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JbodDriver will become famous soon enoughJbodDriver will become famous soon enough
Default Cavalier turbo?

I own a 2002 2.2L Cavalier and have considered turbocharging it for some time. All i have on it now are basic bolt ons (intake, header, cat back exhaust). I was wondering what i would have to do as far as engine internals and other mods to run a sufficient amount of boost and how much i could run on the stock engine without blowing it up. I know there arent too many turbo cavaliers out there, but i think it should be interesting and im tired of driving a really slow car. thanks for your help.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:12 PM
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

Is your car orange?
Old 01-05-2004, 06:42 PM
In Hoc Signo Vinces

I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang

well ... if you want to run any sort of decent boost, your going to have to upgrade fuel management and my guess is the ecotec engine is going to need a little fortification to support any sort of sufficient boost. my best advice is to find a jbody forum and ask for specifics there.

there was a 95-ish cavvy in SCC awhile back that ran something around 10-15 PSI i think? check their webpage for info on that car if you can

expect to get flamed for trying to make a cavvy fast. dont let it discourage you - the honda guys got it when they started doing it. make sure to take your time, do your research, and for the love of god ... make sure you dont do anything cheap or tacky (they usually go hand in hand .. )
Old 01-06-2004, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

JbodDriver will become famous soon enoughJbodDriver will become famous soon enough

thanks man, ive already gotten some shit for tryin to make my cavy fast, but i dont let it get to me. It usually comes from rice boys that dont know shit. Yah, the last thing i would do is make it look tacky. No appearence for me.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:23 AM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

i think its a great idea..

cars not fast enough?

time for turbo.

i really would like to see more domestic compacts that are boosted...

Old 01-07-2004, 07:16 AM
Josh

blue sfire has disabled reputation

check out www.j-body.org if you don't already go there. They've got a boost forum with a lot of real good information.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

axis45 has disabled reputation

2002 is still the old OHV 2.2 right? if so be carefull, i know they have headgasket problems to begin with.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:22 AM

dixonwa is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guy i feel you brother im in the process of supercharging my cavi i have an 2000 z24 (2.4l twin cam ) and hey man as far as extra engine work im not sure what all you to do but as far as mine as long as i dont add more than 100 ponies of nat.asp.
power i dont have to touch the engine unless i really want to but mine wont be complete untill early summer thats when im addind the S.C to my ride waiting for the next model to come out and be tested first ........maybe you and i should meet up whats your loc.
and piss on the ricers ......
Old 01-09-2004, 10:18 AM
In Hoc Signo Vinces

I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang

jesus christ.

use fucking comma's and periods, please.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

hey man, thats cool. if i decide to turbo my car, it wont be till this summer or possibly next. i live at CNU in Newport News. I think it would be cool to get a bunch of Jbody guys together. whats your loc?

Quick Reply: Cavalier turbo?