Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

from low to high cp

Old 01-28-2007, 05:22 AM
eff'em

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicGSR00t has disabled reputation
Default from low to high cp

i had my b18c1 built for turbo, i didnt have the $$$ to have my turbo installed and get the motor tuned.... so i had it dyno-tuned for all motor for the time being, it put out 146 WHP, which from what i was told it was pretty good for a motor that is built low comp.
anyways i was thinkin about swaping from 9.0 JE pistons to something alot higher... but i'm not good with numbers so i'm lookin for some feed back on how high of compression i can go for my motor.??????
basically i want to go all motor and get as much HP as i can.
if its of any help, here's what the motor got.
another concern that i have is, if i go with higher comp pistons would i have to change the rods?

here is some info on hardware, if it helps...

BLOCK...
JE 9.0/ 81mm +.20 overbore
Eagle rods
ARP studs
Cometic head gasket & Block guard
stock GSR crank
circuit worx oil pump gear
type r oil & water pump

HEAD...
V1 mazworks turbo cams
supertech valves/springs/retainers
intake & exhaust ports polished
(head was not shaved)
unorthodox cam gears

ECU...
p28 with universal chip / conversion harness

i would apreciate a good opinion
thanx alot
Old 01-28-2007, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex
Default Re: from low to high cp

I have some wiseco 12.5 compression .020 over pistons for sale... 300 obo used only 2000 miles.. great shape.. I went back to boost... will fit your motor with no machine work... 12.5 is the highest I would go on pump.. they made 201 whp untuned in my type R
Old 01-28-2007, 06:11 AM
eff'em

whats up man... so with the work that was done on my car, i would be able to run your wisecos reall good? will it knock?
what do you mean by "run on pump" my bad for so many questions
thanks man

will you trade for turbo/manifold/intercooler?
Old 01-28-2007, 08:56 AM
CustomGSR

kaltares is an unknown quantity at this point

He means that is the highest comp u can go on pump gas.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Pump gas, instead of high octane race gas. If you go high compression, ditch that 'universal' chip in your P28 and get tuned. You'll have more power, better safety with high compression, and better throttle response than some chip made for someone else's car with unknown mods and unknown tuning skill.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by spooledex
I have some wiseco 12.5 compression .020 over pistons for sale... 300 obo used only 2000 miles.. great shape.. I went back to boost... will fit your motor with no machine work... 12.5 is the highest I would go on pump.. they made 201 whp untuned in my type R
you can go a little higher on pump if you need to. I've tuned up to 13:1 without problems. Timing just has to be conservative and detonation needs to be monitored.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:55 PM
f yo couch

Gman757 has disabled reputation

Ditch the turbo cams and get a pair of nice stage 2 or 3 all motor cams to go along with some high compression pistons that are 11:1 to 12:1 and you'll be set.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:38 PM
eff'em

good lookin out guyz...

the ecu was chipped and dyno tuned for my car specifically... now i dont know much about a "universal" chip but the shop told me that its for it to be dyno tuned anytime for any set up....
to be honest a buddy of mines got a eg hatch LS/VTEC with practically not much work done just JE 9.0 pistons/eagle rods and crank, being that we got the same compression, his shit pulls fairly hard. im aware of the weight difference but mines pulled harder back when it was stock. i'm kinda dissapointed that i spent alot of $$ and barely any HP.

what'cha think?
i have a extra b16 obd2 ecu. should i switch it out. i dont have alot of $$$ for a engine management unit,
any suggestions..

thanx folks
Old 01-28-2007, 02:42 PM
eff'em

Originally Posted by Gman757
Ditch the turbo cams and get a pair of nice stage 2 or 3 all motor cams to go along with some high compression pistons that are 11:1 to 12:1 and you'll be set.
sup man.. any suggestions on all motor cams? and i've looked around for 12 cp pistons and i'm having a hard time.. any suggestion on that too?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by CivicGSR00t
good lookin out guyz...

the ecu was chipped and dyno tuned for my car specifically... now i dont know much about a "universal" chip but the shop told me that its for it to be dyno tuned anytime for any set up....
dont trust anybody's "tuned chips". If you want to get a good tune that get your car tuned rather than using somebody else's generic tune.

Quick Reply: from low to high cp