Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

KA24DE question

Old 12-28-2003, 05:06 PM
I Sell Tires

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel
Default KA24DE question

I jus recently had my 91 240 "fixed" but one of the plugs keeps wiggling out when i drive, so i end up going from driving on 4 cylinders to 3. I can push it down but it eventually pops out again. Does anyone have any tips on how to get this fixed and how much it will run me. I'll do it myself if its sumple enough. I just started getting into cars to please forgive my ignorance. Thanx
Old 12-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

you mean the spark plug or the spark plug wire?

if its the spark plug that falls "out" then you gotta helicoil the threads.

if its the spark plug wire, get a new set of wires.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:18 PM
I Sell Tires

Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel Spike_Spiegel

its the spark plug. sorry for not clearifying. how do you "helicoil the threads". once again sorry for being stupid
Old 12-28-2003, 07:50 PM
Mr. K's chauffeur

Brssmnky is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you may be confused on the terminology. Just so we are on the same page, you are pushing down on a black piece of rubber with a wire connected to it right?

Last edited by Brssmnky; 12-28-2003 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:21 PM
I Sell Tires

yes, ha thanks for putting it so simple.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:38 AM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

if you haven't already fixed it, helicoil is a tool to re thread your spark plug holes. you can get them at any napa. but basically i you can do it on the car (but i wouldn't) and retap the hole tiwh a tap, insert your helicoil and you are done. easy fix.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:00 AM
Mr. K's chauffeur

Brssmnky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by N1ghtk1d_D
yes, ha thanks for putting it so simple.
Ok, you need a new set of spark plug wires then. The spark plug is what screws into the head and is what the end of that black wire (spark plug wires) attaches to at the bottom of that hole.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

i still have no idea what hes talking about. i'm just guessing and seeing if he aggrees.