Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

KA24DE Fuel Issues

Old 04-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed
Default Re: KA24DE Fuel Issues

Injectors could be clugged if the motor was sitting for a long time?
Old 04-12-2011, 08:54 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

There IS supposed to be spacers where you have pointed out. Theyre small black plastic spacers about a quarter inch thick. Go get em from a junkyard.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Registered Member

WBerkshire has disabled reputation

i got it. ill grab some c4 and we will place it in each cylinder and blow it. thatll prob get you about 15 feet down the road
Old 04-13-2011, 01:18 PM
YANKYMATE!

lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft

Alrighty, the FPR is hooked up to a vacuum and running fine. I also added those spacers

I undid the fuel rail and turned the motor over, no fuel seeped past the o-rings. I ordered new injectors and nodes to test to wire, they'll be in tomorrow, in case some of the injectors are clogged.

I need to re-look at the timing tomorrow, I don't think I had it right at all... so it might be that as well.

Interesting thing though: before I fiddled with the timing, but after I messed with the fuel rail, I cranked the engine and held my foot to the floor. The car turned over and held at 500 rpm's, no clanking or slamming, so the motor seems okay. But it wouldn't budge above 500, until I took my foot off the accelerator, at which point it floated up to 7 or 8 hundred rpm's before dying off. Then it wouldn't catch again. I dunno what this means, but I figured it would help to mention it
Old 04-13-2011, 02:55 PM
YANKYMATE!

I also ran around and made sure my electrical connections were good. There are a bunch of loose connections, but every plug on the motor is connected, so I think we're good.

One issue though... WHAT IS THIS?

I found it lying around, I dunno if its from my old OBD1 KA24DE motor that I replaced, or the new OBD2 KA24DE motor that's in now. Any ideas?

I found out that it connects to one side here, down by where the started connections come out of the harness, but I dunno where the other end goes
Old 04-14-2011, 04:24 AM
Registered Member

hottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura about

That is your knock sensor harness

edit: I don't know what they're doing with the two yellow wires tho. It should be shielded to reduce any signal degradation.

Last edited by hottscennessey; 04-14-2011 at 04:27 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:08 AM
YANKYMATE!

So where's the other end go?
Old 04-14-2011, 05:18 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Texted you, looks like you hooked the fuel lines up incorrectly. The regulator sends back unused fuel to the tank. The filter should have a line going to the fuel rail closest to the firewall.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Registered Member

hottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lbs_ft
So where's the other end go?
bottom left hand corner, the gray connector connects to the engine harness (to ecu) other (black/red connector) connects to the knock sensor.

save as to zoom, or open in different browser window.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:41 PM
YANKYMATE!

UPDATE! Got her running strong!

The issue was, as SortaFlush so kindly pointed out, my fuel lines were hooked up wrong. Derp.

Once that was in and I tossed the ($350 FUCK) injectors in, I fucked around with the distributor timing for like 3 hours... then I realized that when I had set the timing chain, I had set it to TDC exhaust. I don't know why, don't ask me. So I set it to -20 TDC, and turned the distributor to 180 degrees off, and she started right up! A couple minutes later, runs like a champ! Thanks for the help everybody!

Also, the knock sensor harness was from the old motor, I had the new one hooked up and all, but the sensor cable is hidden under the intake manifold so I didn't see that it matched that. I dunno how it hooked up to that random cable, but its back on the old motor, and we're golden.

Quick Reply: KA24DE Fuel Issues