Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

just wandering about a motor

Old 07-07-2003, 05:17 PM
Blood Money

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo9mm is an unknown quantity at this point

so wut would be the best turbo for the stock engine and wut mods need 2 be done in order for the turbo and i would lyke to later on maybe put nos on there to give it more kick but iono i just need some help or ideas getting this stuff 2geather to start my project
Old 07-07-2003, 05:19 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

DONT LET PEOPLE CONVINCE YOU TO NOT PUT IN AN H22.... HALF OF THEM ARE JUST RUNNING THEIR MOUTHS ON THE RUMORS THEY HEAR......IM SO SICK OF THAT SHIT!!!!!!!

oversteer, braking, stiffer springs, breaking axles, oh...and the classic....."only good for going in a straight line"
Old 07-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

*shhhhhhh, we use our inside voices!

okay turbo9mm... i recommend using a T3 or an older Mistubishi eclipse turbo, you can find a decent one for a hundred or two.. get new low compression pistons, new rods because the stock ex rods are 'the size of sharpie markers' NOT good for boost.. Eagle makes nice forged rods called H-Beams.. JE makes the low compression pistons... after that your going to need a HF manifold, typically found on CRX hfs... for an intercooler you can easily get an old saab intercooler... alot of the information ive learned through www.homemadeturbo.com ... thats what is recommended, because you said your car is a daily driver, just like mine, you cant afford the down time of having an engine ripped out unless its done on a weekend.. you could easily make replacing the pistons and rods a 1 day project.. and this route is much cheaper... if you have any other questions PM sk8rmike or chahonda... they know what theyre talking about. good luck on your choice