Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Just did the rear brakes...

Old 03-03-2003, 04:03 PM
Awesome.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E
Default Just did the rear brakes...

Alright, I just changed out both rear discs and pads on my 1995 Integra. My questions are:

1) My brakes seem a little tight right now, I'm assuming this is just until they're a little more broke in? (just went for a drive, only about a mile or two...)

2) The brakes got a little hot on the drive, and started to stink a little. Anything to worry about?

TIA
Old 03-03-2003, 04:28 PM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation

the tightness is normal, itll feel itself out.

as for the smell...it could be normal, but i didnt get the smell when i did my brakes.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:50 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally posted by urvtecs2slo
as for the smell...it could be normal, but i didnt get the smell when i did my brakes.
Well, you're not missing much...it's not a pleasant smell. Thanks for the info though. Anyone else got anything?
Old 03-04-2003, 04:41 AM
ubslow

YOUBSLOWVOLVO is an unknown quantity at this point

jon who you have do it i told you i would you never call
Old 03-04-2003, 07:45 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

The feeling is normal; the smell is not.

I guess other than making sure you installed them properly, make sure you grease the back of the pads, bleed the brakes, and use good brake fluid.

I was going to do some brake work tonight but have too much work to do. Maybe Thursday....

Oh yeah, I take it you decided not to get the wheel locks, since I never rec'd a check from you.....
Old 03-04-2003, 11:43 AM
Awesome.

Originally posted by Skywalker
The feeling is normal; the smell is not.

I guess other than making sure you installed them properly, make sure you grease the back of the pads, bleed the brakes, and use good brake fluid.

I was going to do some brake work tonight but have too much work to do. Maybe Thursday....

Oh yeah, I take it you decided not to get the wheel locks, since I never rec'd a check from you.....
Well, the smell is no longer there, I'm gonna keep an eye on it though. I didn't get the locks b/c money got tight REAL quick...also one of the reason's I'm selling my car.