Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

JDM DC2 EGT sensor?

Old 05-11-2012, 09:40 AM
NAZI mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default JDM DC2 EGT sensor?

OK so I pulled the exhaust off my 96 type R and i found what I believe to be an EGT sensor in the cat. It is post-cat and is a one wire sensor. The USDM models don't come with this, they have an 02 sensor. Can anyone shed any light on this or dealt with it before? I need to replace it as its causing a check engine light in the car.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Unregistered Member

Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis.
Default Re: JDM DC2 EGT sensor?

It's an EGT as you thought from what i've read though it's easier to just get a 02 bung welded in instead. apparently you can ground the wire to the body of the car and it'll eliminate the cel,but the car might not run as good.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:38 PM
CIMSPORT

spnamnt has disabled reputation

good luck matt, from what JEI told me, it just reads if the cat overheats and will turn on a light on the jdm cluster
Old 06-16-2012, 07:07 AM
Banned

chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker

why not just get a high flow cat or a test pipe?
Old 06-17-2012, 06:23 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by chickenFuucker
why not just get a high flow cat or a test pipe?
Because that won't solve the problem if the problem is related to the sensor....
Old 06-18-2012, 01:51 AM
Banned

chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker chickenFuucker

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Because that won't solve the problem if the problem is related to the sensor....
But can't you get rid of the sensor with a test pipe and tune out the sensor?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:23 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by chickenFuucker
But can't you get rid of the sensor with a test pipe and tune out the sensor?
Sure, if you want to never pass a legitimate inspection again. And want to spend the money on an ems to tune, abd money for the jumper harness. And still not be able to pass a legit inspection because youve converted an obd2 car to obd1

Use your head kid
Old 06-19-2012, 06:28 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

I am just riding around with the light on. I still have my cat, and dont plan on ditching it.

I'm gonna keep looking around for a replacment sensor until I find one.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02

I wonder if one of the places that import the front clips and such would have one?
Old 07-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

-First off,it's not a US required emissions item,so the light shouldn't cause an inspection failure,nor should unplugging/removing the sensor.
As far as inspections go,I'd be more concerned about getting in trouble for not having the secondary O2 or other emissions stuff required in the US!
-I didn't look for a wiring schematic,but if it's one wire you should be able to either unhook itand leave it open or ground it to eliminate the check light....Or take out the bulb.
-Apparently it isn't a circuit monitored by the ECU or required by the ECU,so the car will not have impaired performance without it.....And if you bypass it by anyway,the car has no way of knowing that the circuit isn't functioning correctly anyway.Again,I didn't verify this by checking a schematic,but it sounds right.