Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

intermediate shaft problem

Old 09-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default intermediate shaft problem

The shaft that is between the axle and the transmission. Its off the car now, but the axle is like stuck on it. Maybe I'm retarded but I can not get the axle out of it for the life of me. Does anyone know an easier way. I've tried pulled it, prying it, cursing at it. Nothing works. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 09-17-2008, 08:38 AM
NOt rep'n the g1teg

popwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond reputepopwars123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: intermediate shaft problem

get a fork style puller and beat it in b/t the axle and the intermediate shaft and it should pop out..that or my preffered method is just to use a big big prybar
Old 09-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by popwars123
get a fork style puller and beat it in b/t the axle and the intermediate shaft and it should pop out..that or my preffered method is just to use a big big prybar
haha I will try the big ass pry bar. I was using a smaller one but I guess I need to go big or go home. lol
Old 09-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

*********************RPRACING DISCLAIMER*********************
*****I've done billions of jobs. I make it sound easy; to me it is easy. I've seen almost every imaginable problem, but thankfully i'm sure there are some i have dealt with. You might read my instructions and bust it out in 30min-1hr. You might see my instructions and proceed to be incompetant with tools and mess your car up like I've seen all too often. My advice - Put money in my pocket so I can do the job right the first time and you can barely have time to drink a beer while I do it.*****

-Lay down the intermediate shaft on the right with axle on the left
-Put your foot on the intermediate shaft
-Take a BFH (Big F'n Hammer) and hit the hell out of the intermediate shaft till it comes off
-Pat yourself on the back.