Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Intercooler Pipeing repair

Old 04-14-2003, 07:13 AM
LTDTEAM.COM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockybling can only hope to improve
Default Intercooler Pipeing repair

i had tapped my intercooler pipe a year ago when i ran nitrous. now i have a shitty plug and rtv holding it shut. do you know who can fix this? the muffler shops told me it was too thin, or it was made out of pot metal! basically nothing that helped. help me out here!
Old 04-14-2003, 07:28 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

depending on what type of metal it is is how you determine if it is fixable at the local exhaust shop, mine is mild steel so any shop with a tac welder can weld a plate over it and grind it down, or you can call up greaser and have him cut that shit off and weld a new piece of pipe on there............
Old 04-14-2003, 07:32 AM
LTDTEAM.COM

Rockybling can only hope to improve
Default well

Originally posted by MORE IMPATIENT
depending on what type of metal it is is how you determine if it is fixable at the local exhaust shop, mine is mild steel so any shop with a tac welder can weld a plate over it and grind it down, or you can call up greaser and have him cut that shit off and weld a new piece of pipe on there............
i'm guessing it is aluminum. not sure cause i haven't had a magnet lieing around to test it. i've heard yes and no, can you weld to aluminum?
Old 04-14-2003, 08:47 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

yes you can, you just have to have an aluminum welder you cant use a tac welder on aluminum, abacus has one, shad welded my intercooler brackets with the aluminum welder.....
Old 04-15-2003, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

ricky you mean MIG welder. just fyi

if its mild steel bring it over...gimme 5 bucks for electricity and gass/wire
Old 04-15-2003, 11:13 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

what the fuck ever biiatttch, sorry, im not a professional welder, haha......
Old 04-15-2003, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

haha i knew you'd do that.

oh yeah

BITCH!