Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

integra lowering question...

Old 10-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default integra lowering question...

I know you've seen me post about the spoon springs before (or not)... they have incredible spring rates, but only lower a measly .86 inches. thats like not even enough to look like its lowered. I was wondering what springs you have on your integra, the drop, and how much wheep gap (if any) they provide. Im considering the skunk2's now... because they have a nice dumped look. Also, what size drop does the camber really start getting bad, to the point where a camber kit is needed? i know i could do a little under 2.25 inches on my civic and there was barely any camber wear. thanks in advance.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:51 AM
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele
Default Re: integra lowering question...

are the spoon springs direct factory replacement springs or are they coilover race type springs that have a code on them like, 0700.250.010. if they are the latter then you can buy perches for them and adjust the ride hight that way. my bro is running eibach race springs, 250 or 350 in the front and 400 or 500 in the rear on adjustable perches with koni yellows, and the car handles like a dream. hes done other stuff like sway bars and strut bars also to take advantage of the stiffer springs. i have 6kg/8kg f/r skunks on mine with agxs and it handles well but needs more dampening due to the stiff springs. im going to upgrade to 8/10 and i already have some koni yellows to throw on. bilstien also are awsome shocks from what i hear.

about camber wear its when you get close to three degrees that its much more noticable, especially with soft compound tires like azenis. i have about an 1.5 drop on mine with azenis and camber wear is noticable but only if you look really close.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:55 PM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by gear
I know you've seen me post about the spoon springs before (or not)... they have incredible spring rates, but only lower a measly .86 inches. thats like not even enough to look like its lowered. I was wondering what springs you have on your integra, the drop, and how much wheep gap (if any) they provide. Im considering the skunk2's now... because they have a nice dumped look. Also, what size drop does the camber really start getting bad, to the point where a camber kit is needed? i know i could do a little under 2.25 inches on my civic and there was barely any camber wear. thanks in advance.
spoon springs are for itrs..so they lower it down .86 lower on a itr, which is roughly a 1.25/1.5 drop on a regular dc or eg..this is my drop, stock shocks with junk2 coilovers, set to stock height
Old 10-22-2004, 12:55 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

here are the ratings

*Springs*
Spoon
progresive springs
front: 357.5lb/in
rear: 302.5il/in
drop: .88in front and rear

i cant find a close enough picture to determine wether or not they have a code on them...but im assuming they do. Theyre called performance lowering springs on all the sites ive seen them listed on. Im not going to pay 300 bucks for springs that dont give me that wide stance look, however Ive heard that they are awsome springs from a buddy. Im not going to be insane autocrossing but I do like a stiff suspension. i dunno...

edit: thanks EEK. awsome
Old 10-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Just get those spring rates in a full coilover set up...or if cash is tight Eibach will do custom spring rates, too.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:32 PM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

skunk2 and no wheel gap, but i scrape almost everything
Old 10-22-2004, 09:17 PM
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

the spoon springs are progressive rate springs so you cant put them on perches like race springs. your best bet is to see if they have springs for a gsr maybe they will lower your car more. either that or you can upgrade to race springs which have a linear rate but are more harsh for everyday driving. in that case give ground control a call. for about 340 bucks you can have custom spring rates with hight adjustability.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:29 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

thanks guys....ive pretty much got it all figured out.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Pics when it's all on.