VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Integra brake rotors (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/integra-brake-rotors-8197/)

chad 02-23-2003 08:01 PM

Integra brake rotors

im lookin to replace all 4 brake rotors ... cross drilled or slotted ? and wheres a good place to get them at a decent price ... i dont want 1000 dollar brembos or anything , just something that will look nice behind the new wheels ... cause im not about to have sum rusted out rotors poppin through ... thanks for the help

mD5 02-23-2003 11:11 PM

what are they going on? personally i think slotted is better than drilled. but hey you need power to back up the brakes :)

ken 02-23-2003 11:13 PM

i think they both are good, or better then stock, but you should look on ebay, ive seen a fefw people get really good deals on power sluts on there

chad 02-24-2003 04:43 AM

Originally posted by mD5
what are they going on? personally i think slotted is better than drilled. but hey you need power to back up the brakes :)
94 integra LS

Skywalker 02-24-2003 04:59 AM

You won't know any difference w/ Power Slots. But if you're just going for looks, pick which one you like better - slotted or x-drilled. It's not going to matter, unless you want to shell out the money for some real brakes. Some people bitch about the durability of x-drilled rotors. But for regular driving, you should be fine. Just don't expect a noticeable performance gain on some $50 rotors. And as far as rust goes, all rotors are going to have a rusty finish when they get wet. It scrapes off after driving.

chad 02-24-2003 05:02 AM

Originally posted by Skywalker
You won't know any difference w/ Power Slots. But if you're just going for looks, pick which one you like better - slotted or x-drilled. It's not going to matter, unless you want to shell out the money for some real brakes. Some people bitch about the durability of x-drilled rotors. But for regular driving, you should be fine. Just don't expect a noticeable performance gain on some $50 rotors. And as far as rust goes, all rotors are going to have a rusty finish when they get wet. It scrapes off after driving.
i dont expect any difference , these are just the stock rotors and are lookin kinda shabby ... plus when i brake , the whole car shakes and i was told to get my rotors resurfaced , so im just going to get new ones ...

Skywalker 02-24-2003 05:12 AM

OK, power sluts or other cheapies will do the trick.

chad 02-24-2003 05:29 AM

where to buy ? cause theres nothing on ebay

Skywalker 02-24-2003 06:17 AM

Damn you people are lazy. Check the hundreds of typical online performance dealers or do a search on www.google.com. Sheesh! I'll find em for you, but my commission is going to be high.

chad 02-24-2003 06:19 AM

Originally posted by Skywalker
Damn you people are lazy. Check the hundreds of typical online performance dealers or do a search on www.google.com. Sheesh! I'll find em for you, but my commission is going to be high.
dont get your painties in a twist there mr walker ... was just looking for suggestions as to where people have gotten them from , with no hassle and for a good price , i can yahoo and google all day , but would rather go someplace that someone has allready had a good experience with ;)