VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Integra brake rotors (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/integra-brake-rotors-8197/)

chad 02-23-2003 08:01 PM

Integra brake rotors

im lookin to replace all 4 brake rotors ... cross drilled or slotted ? and wheres a good place to get them at a decent price ... i dont want 1000 dollar brembos or anything , just something that will look nice behind the new wheels ... cause im not about to have sum rusted out rotors poppin through ... thanks for the help

mD5 02-23-2003 11:11 PM

what are they going on? personally i think slotted is better than drilled. but hey you need power to back up the brakes :)

ken 02-23-2003 11:13 PM

i think they both are good, or better then stock, but you should look on ebay, ive seen a fefw people get really good deals on power sluts on there

chad 02-24-2003 04:43 AM

Originally posted by mD5
what are they going on? personally i think slotted is better than drilled. but hey you need power to back up the brakes :)
94 integra LS

Skywalker 02-24-2003 04:59 AM

You won't know any difference w/ Power Slots. But if you're just going for looks, pick which one you like better - slotted or x-drilled. It's not going to matter, unless you want to shell out the money for some real brakes. Some people bitch about the durability of x-drilled rotors. But for regular driving, you should be fine. Just don't expect a noticeable performance gain on some $50 rotors. And as far as rust goes, all rotors are going to have a rusty finish when they get wet. It scrapes off after driving.

chad 02-24-2003 05:02 AM

Originally posted by Skywalker
You won't know any difference w/ Power Slots. But if you're just going for looks, pick which one you like better - slotted or x-drilled. It's not going to matter, unless you want to shell out the money for some real brakes. Some people bitch about the durability of x-drilled rotors. But for regular driving, you should be fine. Just don't expect a noticeable performance gain on some $50 rotors. And as far as rust goes, all rotors are going to have a rusty finish when they get wet. It scrapes off after driving.
i dont expect any difference , these are just the stock rotors and are lookin kinda shabby ... plus when i brake , the whole car shakes and i was told to get my rotors resurfaced , so im just going to get new ones ...

Skywalker 02-24-2003 05:12 AM

OK, power sluts or other cheapies will do the trick.

chad 02-24-2003 05:29 AM

where to buy ? cause theres nothing on ebay

Skywalker 02-24-2003 06:17 AM

Damn you people are lazy. Check the hundreds of typical online performance dealers or do a search on www.google.com. Sheesh! I'll find em for you, but my commission is going to be high.

chad 02-24-2003 06:19 AM

Originally posted by Skywalker
Damn you people are lazy. Check the hundreds of typical online performance dealers or do a search on www.google.com. Sheesh! I'll find em for you, but my commission is going to be high.
dont get your painties in a twist there mr walker ... was just looking for suggestions as to where people have gotten them from , with no hassle and for a good price , i can yahoo and google all day , but would rather go someplace that someone has allready had a good experience with ;)

miahmouse 02-24-2003 06:32 AM

just get some brembo blanks at bap/geon (425-7100) and get a good set of pads(axxis, hawk, aem). The pads will make more difference than anything else.

edit: almost forgot
www.cobaltfriction.com
good people/service/knowledge

chad 02-24-2003 06:42 AM

Originally posted by miahmouse
just get some brembo blanks at bap/geon (425-7100) and get a good set of pads(axxis, ebc, aem). The pads will make more difference than anything else.
good call ... just called them and got all 4 brembo slotted/cross drilled rotors for 230 shipped to my house ... good place , thanks man ! :D

miahmouse 02-24-2003 06:44 AM

they're local, you might just go pick em up .... save some $$$. (off of first colonial inbetween Va. Beach Blvd. and laskin). Let me know if you need help putting them on ....

chad 02-24-2003 06:56 AM

they're local, you might just go pick em up .... save some $$$. (off of first colonial inbetween Va. Beach Blvd. and laskin). Let me know if you need help putting them on ....
they werent rotors they stock ... they stock the normal brembo rotors , but i wanted to slotter/xdrilled , so they had to order them and it would have been 15 dollars for shippin regardless so he just shipped them directly to me, i dont think they should be too hard to put on , but if i do need help i will hit you up and thanks for the offer and time :beer:

Skywalker 02-24-2003 07:36 AM

just get some brembo blanks at bap/geon (425-7100) and get a good set of pads(axxis, hawk, aem). The pads will make more difference than anything else
Hawk pads. :thup:

HondaAdict 02-24-2003 11:10 AM

I have a friend that put some cross drilled rotors on his GSR and now that car is braking as soon as you hit that brake pedal