Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Inspection issues

Old 08-29-2007, 11:27 AM
where are my balls!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger
Default Inspection issues

Soooo my state inspection just expired. I took it in to the shop to get a new inspection. Well the guy sits there and tells me that he can't pass me...I thought maybe my wipers needed to be replaced (like usual). He says bad news...and I am thinking shit.

Well it doesn't seem all that bad to me...

He just said:

Third Brake Light is Out

Inside of front passenger tire is bald (something to do with alignment?)

Then he tells me that my ball bearings need to be tightened. (Is that possible to do by myself?)

I guess my question is that how do I prevent the one part of my inside tire to not go bald.

and

Should and how do I tighten the ball bearings...

ultimate question...should I just go ahead and pay someone to do it?

Thanks for the advanced help
Old 08-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Registered baller

maverick09 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Inspection issues

put the brake light in yourself, If your military go to the base gas station and have them put a new tire on for you.... ball bearings? ball bearings for what, sounds like part of the suspension maybe... maybe he said ball joints?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

ball bearings? yeah right.

he is either talking about your wheel bearings (which technically are ball bearings), or your Ball joints (tie rod ends, upper control arm joints) blah blah

but that isnt only required, its saftey.

replace the outer tie rod ends, and wheel bearings in whatever wheel he is talking about, and put your spare tire on.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:06 PM
where are my balls!?

Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger

Originally Posted by dorko
ball bearings? yeah right.

he is either talking about your wheel bearings (which technically are ball bearings), or your Ball joints (tie rod ends, upper control arm joints) blah blah

but that isnt only required, its saftey.

replace the outer tie rod ends, and wheel bearings in whatever wheel he is talking about, and put your spare tire on.

Great...Thanks for the info. Puts a little bit more paint on the picture. Do you think I could do that myself? Or should I just take it in? If you think it is easy enough where could I find information on how to replace it?

Thanks so much guys
Old 08-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231

google it, you can usually find websites with detailed "how to's" most of them with pics and such
Old 08-30-2007, 08:11 PM
where are my balls!?

Originally Posted by nogo1231
google it, you can usually find websites with detailed "how to's" most of them with pics and such
I googled it...came up with a bunch of other ford vehicle's manuels and how to fix them...but not a ford ranger...

can anyone recommend a place to get this done? The guy at the gas station said he could do it...buttttttt i don't trust someone who wears a towel on their head...