Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Injectors?

Old 10-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve
Default Injectors?

Im looking at either 880cc or 1000cc injectors. Im not sure which ones to get. I have a few mods(to include a stroker and a 35r very shortly) and dont know which to get. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey
Default Re: Injectors?

1000cc.. Or perhaps (if it's possible) a dual injector setup ie. primary and secondary injectors.

You have to also take into account the fuel system. I'm not real familiar with EVO's but I know on honda's the actual fuel supply line becomes a restriction at 650ish hp.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
1000cc.. Or perhaps (if it's possible) a dual injector setup ie. primary and secondary injectors.

You have to also take into account the fuel system. I'm not real familiar with EVO's but I know on honda's the actual fuel supply line becomes a restriction at 650ish hp.
Ive got the Buschur double pumper ordered(good to 1000whp). I just need some injectors, lol. I like the dual injector idea, but how streetable would that be?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Originally Posted by evolve
Ive got the Buschur double pumper ordered(good to 1000whp). I just need some injectors, lol. I like the dual injector idea, but how streetable would that be?
VERY streetable if its used with an engine management system that supports it and a good tuner. It's hard to get big (over 1000cc's) injectors to idle good. Using dual injectors gets around that. I know AEM and Hydra support it.

What are your power goals?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Registered member

600whp. I was looking into the AEM ems. That is probably what I will end up getting, almost everyone that has it has nothing but good things to say about it.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:41 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

1000cc or 1200cc, especially with EMS you will be fine. Its always better to go bigger then smaller. Im buying 1000cc's to fuel my SCM61 on my 1g and thats just with a EPROM chip
Old 10-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evolve
600whp. I was looking into the AEM ems. That is probably what I will end up getting, almost everyone that has it has nothing but good things to say about it.
http://www.rceng.com

They have a calculator available. Enter the values requested for BSFC for a turbo, on the high and low end, horsepower estimates on the high and low end of what you expect, and the base fuel pressure you intend to use.

That will give you a good sizing to start with. If you need a little more, you can up the pressure a bit, or if you need a little less, you can lower it a bit. It gives you a good margin. I'd use the recommended 43 psi as a base. Up to 70 is usually okay for a fuel system. Below 30 is not recommended.

Properly sizing the injectors is a key to making good, safe power. Doing so, with a margin to go either way, is just smart. And RC Engineering is a good source of information, as they build the injectors for a living.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:55 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

1000cc with an aeromotive or comparable rising rate adjustable regulator
Old 10-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Registered member

Got AMS 1000cc...thanks for all of your help!